Jason wanted to rest for 30 minutes before we went because he had spent all afternoon helping his Grandma Putnam clean out her storage room with a lot of the family. So, I went to lay down for 30 mintues. I woke up 2 hours later, to find that Jason had fallen asleep too. When I went to find Brendan I called over at my parents house (who live across the street) but he wasn't there. So guess where I found him?
That's right... ASLEEP! IN HIS OWN BED!! (Yes, I hand applique quilted that all by myself!!)
He NEVER sleeps in his own bed, unless we put him there! He usually falls asleep in my bed and we transfer him when we go to bed. And nap time, well-- if he does take a nap, he usually takes one with me in my bed. So the fact that he went into his own bed on his very own is something to celebrate. Not that it will ever happen again, but I had to mark it on the calendar.
Later on we had talked about getting fun things like the Batman Belt his dad bought him yesterday. We talked about needing to do some chores- like make our bed, and put our toys and clothes away. So, tonight after we got home from the movies and we brought him home from the inlaws, he made his bed. I praised his efforts but told him that he needed to do it in the DAY time, not right before bed. But, good effort!! He wanted me to take his picture with his bed made. Notice how he has his animals all layed out. Now I just have to have him start this in the day time. Baby steps... What a kid won't do for Batman toys. Hey- maybe I'll get him to go to bed in his OWN bed at night! I'll let you know how that goes. (again... fingers crossed)
As for the movie, we went to see The Dark Night. It freakin ROCKED! It completely lived up to it's hype. If I were a member of the Academy, I would vote for Heath for best supporting actor. He truely did a phenominal job. It almost made me sad to watch him. But then I got over it. :)And by seeing it on opening night we got to see the crazys dressed up in costume. I love that! I love seeing movies on opening day!! I am now going to call them "Cinematic Events." I got that from a comedian, and he okayed me to use it.


You were probably one of the dressed up crazy's!!!! Love reading your journal I mean blog!!! Love you
ReplyDeleteNo, I WASN'T dressed up, but then I totally felt left out!!
ReplyDeletethat's awesome, you never know where that boy is, he wanders everywhere!
ReplyDelete