Tuesday, July 29, 2008

"Don't forget me when I'm gone... My heart would break..."

Because I will be out of pocket for the next few days having over-the-top, out-of-control, gossipy girly-girl-fun with my girlfriends Angie, Debbie, Gina and Stacy; (Marty is up there tonight, but has to come home tomorrow, so we will most likely miss each other.) I am going to take a break from posting. (I know, I won't know what to do with myself without Internet connection!) This will be our 2nd annual trip. Last year we went up to Deb's house and had a BLAST. Just look at these kids... the beach was great, the sun was hot and we all got a tan. Well, the other girls got a tan, and I got burned. But then it turned into a tan. That's how red-heads work. Boy, I sure do need some sun. Thanks for mentioning that to me Josh. Jerk. Jk. If you didn't point it out, my Dad would have. But the ironic thing is that he is where I get my pasty white skin from. Yeah, I said it Dad. I LOVE YOU! Here are the pictures from last year. I'm hoping that everything goes well and we don't lose any of the 11 kids. We are going to have 4 more than last year. And if Marty were staying there would be 14 kids. THAT IS A LOT OF KIDS! I hope I don't have an anxiety attack. Maybe I'll take some Valium. Seriously.

(Please read all the way to the bottom...)





So, While I'm of not caring about getting skin cancer for the weekend, I have posted this "Memory" post that EVERYONE and their dog is posting. Here is how it works.

1.As a comment on my blog, leave a memory that you and I have together. It doesn't matter if you know me a little or a lot, anything you can remember.

2.Next, re-post these instructions on your blog, and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty fun to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I will assume that you are playing the game and I will go to your blog and leave one about you.

Now, please be kind. I hope I wasn't mean to anyone. When I get back I hope to have at least 20 comments... so GET TO IT!

(10 points for the one who can guess the song and Band of the Title... And NO GOOGLEING!)

8 comments:

  1. Hmmmm... memories... Nope, I don't think I have any with you. Oh, wait, didn't we go to kindergarten together? Oh, there is this one... Pretending to be brother and sister while it was raining at Lagoon. Yup, a Lagoon memory...Are you shocked?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy the memory I have of you is when we came visiting teaching and you told us about your kitchen and you were remodeling. Then we got to see the finished producet too. You are soo freakin cute!!! I am sad we are not your visiting teachers anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    I have a few memories of you. I was one of two non-medical people there when you were born. The very second to be exact. You were a screamer if I recall. You are and have been a wonderful daughter and most of all friend. It is great that we can tell each other what we are really thinking without worrying about hurting feelings too much. When we do get too close to the raw surface, we don't hold grudges and get over it easily. I cherish the fact that you live across the street. We just stay out of each other's way but when we want, it is so close. Brendan is a hoot when he just drops by to say hello...a little scarey though at night.
    This is written proof that I actually do read your blog once in awhile. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when the parents were gone and you drove me down the airport road in grandpa's truck when you weren't old enough and Nicole was too scared so we made her tend Kelly while we went. Another one is when I would scratch your arm or arms by your tricep everywhere we went. (I wonder what people thought and I don't know why I did that)

    ReplyDelete
  5. One memory is when you and I hung out with Jay the surfer/waiter at Hard Rock when we were in Honolulu.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mandy I don't know if this is appropriate to write on your blog, but I remember when I was in Young Womens (like literally, not a leader) and you guys had just moved in the ward and you were on a dating panel. Someone asked something about what advice you had for us, and you said that you and Jason both wished that you hadn't kissed as many people as you had previous to each other. HAHAHA... wise advice.. funny memory.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is TOTALLY appropriate, Cass! And it's true! I totally forgot about that though. I guess I had to kiss a few frogs to find my prince though.... Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's nice when you can find a friend who shares similar quirks and interests as you. From caffeine addiction at Holiday Oil, to Reality dance show junkie...I see my reflection when I look in your eyes. **tears, sigh** j/k! I think making rolls with you the first time at my house is memorable! How you gracefully rolled your dough, while mine became flat and broken! I blame you for my love affair with the darn things! I'm going to request to be buried them...is that going too far?

    ReplyDelete