Saturday, July 26, 2008

I Love the Summer Rain!


As we were getting ready to sit down for our take-out dinner tonight the rumblings of thunder started to get louder and louder. I LOVE THUNDER STORMS! They are right up there with Christmas... or my birthday. So we put our dinner on hold. How often do the rainstorms come through on a smoldering hot day, while the sun is still shining, and the rain is hot? Not often enough. It also got Jason out of mowing the lawn tonight because of all the rain. No, really... I think Bentley gets lost out in the back yard because he can't see over the grass. Really.

But, back to the rain. Did I mention I love rain? When it's hot outside? I guess it reminds me of being younger we used to get in our swimming suits and run around until we were drenched. Well, tonight Brendan and I did just that. (we didn't get drenched though, just semi-wet.) You can't see it in these pictures but the drops were huge! The news said it was from Hurricane Dolly. What is Dolly doing out in the middle of the desert?? Who cares, it was so fun. A lot of neighbors were outside too. We even saw a double rainbow! Brendan even told me before we saw it that Rain with the Sun makes a Rainbow. That pre-school is really coming through for me! So, this made up for the worst Saturday afternoon. I had to go and do my Continuing Ed course from FINRA that took 3 1/2 hours of my day! That is time that I will NEVER get back.


I also have to give props to Jason for FINISHING THE HALLWAY!!! That gets a triple exclamation point! He worked so hard while I was watching "senarios" of how to be a better broker. I guess it would be worth watching if they had Christian Bale, Mark Ruffalo, Brad Pitt or any other hottie not mentioned because of space, being the Owner of the Broker/Dealer. Jason learned how to do this from reading in a wood working book he just bought. It looks gorgeous. We just need to fill the nail holes and I will paint it a cream color.

LOOKS AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment