We had numerous events happening this weekend. For the 4th we had a gathering at the Pettingill's. We ate Tacos for dinner. Yes, tacos. We were breaking out of the norm, saying NO to boring hot dogs and hamburgers. Just because that is society thinks you should eat. We also think that we should have these things, we just happened to be sick of them at this time. So, there you have it. Mexican food for an American holiday. I never said we were normal. We did have a DELICIOUS Boston Cream Pie that Mom "always makes". (She says she always makes this, but in reality, she last made it when I was a newborn, or a fetus for that matter.) But, as I see it, she will "always make" it now. It has to be one of my favorites. In fact, I just finished a piece as I am writing this. YUM!
So we ate, we went swimming several times, and we lit off the grocery store variety fireworks. I miss the days when we would pack up the fam, go to Sugarhouse or Liberty Park and watch all the weirdo's and wait for the big fireworks displays. If you have never done this, then you are missing out. I think we quit going because it got so dang crowded! One year we got so close to the fireworks display that we had to lay down on our backs to see them overhead. The cannons literally shook the earth and we had to dodge the fiery ashes that were falling to the ground. I miss BIG fireworks. Jason HATES going. That has been an internal struggle from the first year we got married. He is content with the said grocery store variety. My dad, up until about 5 years ago would head over to the border and get some REAL fireworks. Those were classic. Everyone would come down to the "Pettingill Circle" to watch Neil's display. Mom has put the ban on that now, saying he should be a good example, and illegal fireworks were not the standard. However, my mom and I saw TONS of illegal fireworks this year!! We couldn't believe all of them! (it made me jealous... I'll be honest.) After our
Well, I have effectively rambled long enough. I will post about the rest of the weekend when I get my camera back.
This is a picture from last year's trip to Wolf Creek. I LOVE this picture!
Today's entry went perfectly with my Morning Joe. I couldn't believe it, it is 63 degrees outside, time to open the windows and doors, and a great blog to read about 4ths present and past, what more could a person want?? Mandy your the greatest!!
ReplyDeleteUncle Dave
what is a morning Joe? Do I want to know?
ReplyDelete