On days that both Jason and I have to work we have the cute girl named Cassy, who lives in our basement apartment, watch Brendan. She has a 1-year-old boy who loves to play with Brendan, so it works out great! Plus, we both have to be to work so early that it is nice to have someone be able to listen for when Brendan gets up between 9 and 10am. Today while Cassy was getting ready to fix lunch for the boys, she asked Brendan what he wanted. He told her a "whip cream sandwich". He told her that "Those are my favorite!" and that his mom "let him have them all the time!" She knew better (or hoped better) so she asked him if he wanted Mac & Cheese. He said "yes, but with whip cream on top". Now, for one thing, we have had that bottle of whip cream in the fridge for what I assume was WAY pass expiration because we just don't use it. (okay, I just checked... we were good until the 28th of this month...). So, Cassy, giving in to the child (which, by the way, I would have totally done in the same situation.) puts a little squirt of whipped cream on top of his Mac. She leaves him there to eat his lunch while she puts little one down for a nap, and when she got back he had made a mountain-o-whipping cream on his lunch. (at this point in the story, Brendan gives me those big blue puppy dog eyes like, "that's okay mom...") So, Cassy puts the can on top of the fridge where Bug can't reach it. Later in the day, they go to get a drink out of the fridge and what falls to the floor? My brand new, beautiful solid hardwood floors? That's right... the whipped cream can. It started spraying EVERYWHERE! At this point in the story I am just laughing because it is so dang funny, but trying to look stern for the boy who was a little sneak! She said that the can wouldn't stop spraying from the pressure and so she just put it in the sink to explode down the drain. At least she had it all cleaned up before I got home. I probably wouldn't have noticed it until I went to throw something away and then I saw the eooey gooey bottle in the garbage. I am going to have to start paying her more to take pictures. That would have been CLASSIC!
***note to self... explain to babysitters that he does NOT eat whipped cream for lunch.***
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
it's genetic...whip cream is good for you
ReplyDelete...Dad
Only your son would pull such a whopper!
ReplyDeleteIt's true...He's a keeper!
ReplyDelete