During those first months of remodel anticipation I started a "Remodeling Book". All of the labels you see are stickers that I made with a Creative Lettering program that I have and letter size sheets of sticker paper. (my sister got them from the Medical Transcriber who worked at the office she worked at. I have a million partial sheets that I use for stuff like this. She only used one sheet per patient and then threw the rest of the paper away! Can you believe it???)

I have a section for each room of the house. I started with the front of the house and worked my way back so that I could find each room fast. You could do it alphabetical if you wanted.

I wrote down everything that I wanted to change/fix in that particular room. As I accomplished those things I would cross it off. I even wrote down what paint color I wanted for that room.

I added plastic pocket holders to hold the ideas from magazines and newspaper ads that gave me an idea, or a piece of furniture that I wanted. I labeled these "Sample Ideas".

In the very last few pockets that I had left over I held all of the color samples that I had collected from the store. I also have one that I kept ALL receipts in because I took A LOT of stuff back to the store!

Now, go over to Shannon's place and see what else works!
I'm SUCH a binder girl... and I LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea... you've inspired me to make my own... I really like this idea... thanks! ~kim
ReplyDeleteI love your binder idea. That is great! It is so clean and organized. Easy to read.
ReplyDeleteNice job.
~Amy
I think I'll alphabitize mine if you don't mind...ha!
ReplyDeleteWow! You are one ambitious girl! When do you start the master bedroom?
ReplyDeleteSo clever! All these ideas I'm stealing from everyone's "works for me" sites will be put into my own little "why didn't I think of that" site. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Your flowers are gorgeous! You must love spending time outside in such a beautiful yard!
You are ocd!
ReplyDelete