Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Works for Me: Easy Chicken salad for summer!
Going to Nigbur family functions there are a few staples that are a must. The first two that always come to mind is first, Grandma's German Potato Salad. And second, is Aunt Michelle's Cabbage salad. Now, I have had a variation of this salad. I have had it twice with Chicken in it and it makes a lovely main dish, instead of a side. My good friend Sherri (Hi Sher!) came over tonight to make this yummy salad and my mom's famous homemade rolls (another blog completely.... well, to be honest, we made the salad secondary to the rolls, but whatever!!)
So, I thought I would share this SUPER EASY, yet incredibly delicious recipe. Michelle's recipe called for cutting up a head of cabbage but this one uses cole slaw mix, which has only added carrots to the simplicity.
Chicken Ramen Salad
1 bag cole slaw mix
6 green onions finely chopped
2 pkg. uncooked Chicken flavored Ramen Noodles
1 1/2 c. Cooked chicken, diced. OR 1 can white chicken breast in water (which adds to the ease of this recipe!!)
1/2 c. Sliced almonds (brown with oil in a frying pan or by broiling in oven)
Dressing:
1/2 c. Oil
4 T rice vinegar or white vinegar
2 seasoning packets from the ramen noodles
2 T sugar
Dash of Salt and Pepper
Mix all together and mix well. Pour dressing over salad right before serving.
I love this salad! We actually made a double batch because tomorrow it will be even better when it has soaked in all the dressing goodness! Thanks for coming over tonight Sherri!!
This is What Works for Me! Visit Rocks In My Dryer for more awesome ideas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oooh, I love this salad but I've never made it with chicken before. Great idea!
ReplyDeleteI think I've had this before and LOVED it!! Thanks for the recipe. I'm bookmarking it for future use.
ReplyDeleteI am already craving more rolls! Aren't Joyce's rolls part of the food pyramid? Thanks for making them for me. (Again)
ReplyDeleteYes, I definately agree that Rolls have their every own food group!
ReplyDelete