Sunday, July 13, 2008

The days I'm glad there is only one.

Sunday mornings are pretty laid back since we don't have to get up early. Our church meetings start at 1pm and so we get to sleep in. This is good, because Brendan ACTUALLY sleeps in. Jason's new job has him working a few Sundays and then off a few. Today was a day that he had to work. I don't know if Brendan is acting out because his dad isn't there or if he was just having a bad day, but when time came to get ready for church he started stomping around saying he didn't want to go. When I told him that his friends would be there, he didn't want to see them. When I told him that I had to go because I had to play the organ and that he couldn't stay home all alone, he cried because "there are no babysitters to tend me!!" I told him that he had a few minutes to think about getting ready because I had to put my dress on. When I got back in his room he had hid under his bed. Now, his bed is a twin size and it is up against the wall. He scooted all the way under and up against the wall. I gave him the count of 3 to get out of there. I counted really slow so that he would have time to maneuver all around the toys and puzzles under his bed. When he didn't come out, I had to MOVE all of the toys and CRAWL under there to get him. The first attempt wasn't successful. I had grabbed his arm, but he grabbed the center post holding up the bed. I let go, moved more toys and moved in towards his feet. I grabbed his foot and swung him around so fast that he couldn't grab a hold of the post again. He was screaming during this whole event, which made it all the more exciting. The REAL screaming didn't start until I told him he was grounded for the day. I might as well have just told him that I was throwing away his beloved bear! He was SO SAD!! I'll have to remind him of this the next time he starts throwing a tantrum.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your posts. I know you said your Dad thinks this is like reading your Diary and very personal. I think it is very personal but what a great outlet for you and what a great peek inside your life that it gives to me. Your such a great Mom and I know that day's like these are probably few and far between. Love you!! Uncle Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha! I'm always impressed with the way my wife handles Sunday mornings too. While I'm off attending meetings, she gets our 3 rugrats all ready and to church ON TIME. She's amazing. I could never do it myself like that. You moms don't get enough credit for all you deal with. Great post.

    ReplyDelete