Sunday, July 27, 2008

52 Week Blessing Project #26

I have found a website that decided to "Once a week post a photo of something you are most grateful for. This gives us a chance to reflect on the good things we have learned from or that have made us better in our everyday lives or things we just enjoy! I think everyone needs to be more grateful for what they have now days instead of always thinking about what we want! This is one of the things we can do to be more gracious people. It will be like a photo gratitude journal." She found this idea through an email that she got. You can read about it if you click up there on her website.
So, I decided that I wanted to start. I know that the year is half over, but I would like to think that we still have half the year left. (optimism at its finest) After forgetting all about it until this morning, I have been thinking about what I want to write about first.


I am grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ. I am grateful for the Restored Gospel. It gives me hope, and happiness in my life. In such a crazy world, the comfort that the gospel brings is such a blessing in my life. I have a testimony that the Lord and His Son, Jesus Christ visited the Prophet Joseph Smith to bring forth the Gospel in these latter days. I am so grateful for the sacrifice that Jesus made to atone for my sins that I might be able to live with Him again some day if I live worthily and repent of my sins (of which I know I have many!). I am thankful for a Latter Day Prophet who leads and guides His church on this earth today. And for the icing on the cake, I know that families can be together for eternity! What a blessing that is to know that the people we love and care about most will be together for always. I love Jason, Brendan and our families so much that eternity sounds just about right.

3 comments:

  1. This really is a fantastic idea! I used to do something similar to this when I wrote in my journal. Used to is the key phrase here! I need to start again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy.. I love your blog. YOu have the greatest stories. If you want to see mine it is megananddan1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for you beautiful testimony! I too know these things and have a strong testimony of them I'm so grateful for the blessing of the gospel in my life.

    ReplyDelete