Well, I haven't talked about it. I probably won't. I just thought I would update everyone so you know. Jason and I have decided to give fertility one more try. I had to go to the doctor the other day for the same reason I always do. I don't have a period. If you don't have a period, you don't ovulate. Ergo, no baby. It has been 3 years now since we have started for numero dos. It has been 1 year since we stopped all fertility treatments. At that time the doctor told us that there were only 2 more options for us.... IVF or God's intervention. We went for the latter. We were hoping against all hope (and when I say we, I mean me) that God WOULD intervene. He hasn't. I know there is a reason, we just don't know what that is yet. Also, Jason and I also decided that the $15k that it would cost us would be better spent on a NEW KITCHEN and remodeled house!!! That is a guaranteed deal... Not so much with the IVF. Besides, with all the distractions going on everyone said "OOh, you'll get pregnant while your remodeling and your mind is off of it..." Yeah, we have tried all of that.... and then some. Thanks for all the loads of advice. It doesn't work.
So, we are back to square one. My doctors visit was just to get my periods back, but since my visit Jason and I have decided to do the fertility. My doctor ran about 100 blood tests on me. (and when I say 100, I mean about 4, but it's all the same when they use a needle!!) And he also ordered an ultrasound to see what my uterus and ovaries looked like. The results came back, and as usual, nothing LOOKS wrong. It just doesn't function right. So, sometime in the near future we will start. I have a trip to Bear Lake with my girlfriends planned that I don't want to interupt, so we will start when I get back.
****SIDEBAR****As I move further and further away from the baby scene, I start to wonder if I really want to go back. As hard as it was for me to give away all my baby stuff, I am not so sure I want it back.
Here goes nothing.