Monday, July 7, 2008

The Day Jason was Born

Today is Jason's Birthday. (the 7th) He is now officially as old as I am. Yes, that is right, I married a younger man. And believe me, he reminds me ALL THE TIME during the 2 months and 5 days that I am older. "Man, you're old!" "You sure are a lot older than me!" are common things I will hear during those months. Yes, it's annoying, but those are the kinds of things that attracted me to him in the first place. That- and his piercing blue eyes.

So back to our weekend, we had two 4th of July parties, One baby blessing and the gathering for the blessing on Saturday instead of Sunday.
On the 4th we celebrated the day at the Pettingill's as I posted before.
On the 5th Kelly and Kye had a party for Baby Kanyon because they were blessing him on Sunday but wanted the party on Saturday. They had this party at my parents house so that everyone would fit. Instead of Taco's this night, we had croissant sandwiches which were very tasty.. but again, staying away from the burgers and hot dogs. After this party was dwindling down for the night (around 7:30) we hustled over to the Nigbur's 4th of July party that they were holding on the 5th. I still don't know why they moved it, but more parties for us! Jason had just gotten home from work and so he DID eat a hamburger at his parents house. After some games and talking we lit off the fireworks. Brendan had his ears covered most of the time from the squeals of the fireworks. After all of the fireworks we went inside and the brothers played a game of "Rock Band" on Brett's 360. They named their band the "Nig 4". This was much more entertaining than the fireworks!! I even sang a song. I got 98% on my first try!! YEA ME!! On Sunday we went down to Orem for Kanyons Baby Blessing. More of Kye's relatives came and then they had the leftover's for lunch. We had gone home and Mom & Dad stayed.

**As for today, Jason had to work today. That's the bummer of being grown up. You have to actually WORK on your birthday. No bringing cupcakes for your friends (unless you have a really great wife, which he doesn't) and no parties at the 49th Street Galleria. Those were the days. Can you even buy regular roller skates anymore?

Brendan playing a tossing game at the Nigbur's.


Sparkler Heaven


Getting the "ooohhh's and aaahh's" of the crowd.


Yes, I had to post a picture of Uncle Brett's low riding pants. No, he never pulls them up and we have to look at that EVERY DAY!!


Brendan had his ears covered most of the time.



The "Nig 4" getting DOWN!



Serious Rockin with the band.... they should go on tour! Watch out Tyler...


1 comment: