I mopped the floors this last weekend, but only because Jason invited friends over for dinner. Please don't think that I am actually going to make a habit of it. I am glad that we have friends over at least once in a while so that I can clean my house! Usually Jas helps me clean but he had to work and the friends were coming over as soon as he got home. While I was mopping the floor I thought to myself "You need to put this on WWFM."
I don't like the pads that you buy for the new cleaners of the world. They aren't as absorbent as I think they ought to be and so you end up using 2 or 3 for the whole house. (At least I do) I think they are a waste of money. So, I started using my own cleaning rags. (Yes, this white beautiful towel ended up a rag after Jas used it during remodeling) Because there is velcro on the bottom of the cleaner it holds the rag in place. You can flip the towel around when its dirty underneath and use all of the sides. I love it! No more spending extra money on those extra cleaning pads! That is what works for me! For more ideas go to Rocks In My Dryer.
Great post! I have been experimenting with different types of things to use instead of those disposable pads. I don't want to spend that much money on them. I always have them on my grocery list and when I go to pick them up I think no too expensive! I should just get a towel like you have and have it sewn up to stay on my Swiffer. Thanks for the idea!
ReplyDeleteIf you have the kind where you tuck the cloth in (I think the regular swiffer, or the clorox ones), then the microfiber cleaning cloths work wonderfully. They are also absolutely washable.
ReplyDeleteI need to try other towels. I've been using a regular dust cloth, but it doesn't seem to stick as well. I also found a way to replenish the soap w/o using their kind too. :D
ReplyDeleteWhat kind of mop is this? Do you like it? I've been looking at the Shark, which steam cleans, but I'd love to hear what you use and like!
ReplyDeleteThis is the Swiffer Wet Jet. I blocked it out because I didn't want to give them publicity. I like it well enough. I haven't had anything else to compare it too, so I'm not sure that there is anything better. The steamer sounds nice, but expensive.
ReplyDeleteThis is a great idea...I have the dry one, but someone mention just using a microfiber cloth.. I love it! Thanks
ReplyDeleteThat is a great ideal. I do not have one of them because I had the duster one. And did not like the pads either.
ReplyDelete