Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A drug addict in rehab

I admit it. I am a fan of Westernized Medicine. I think God gave ingenious ideas to man to help us with the common headache, cold, flu, whatever- with drugs. However, I am pregnant. I can not partake of the make-you-feel-better medicines that I am used to taking. "Anything Tylenol based" is the answer I get from my doctor. Well, you might as well give me a plain glass of water for all the good Tylenol does me. Nothing. I even bought the extra strength, quick dissolve, power booster kind- and NOTHING! I went to the doctor on Sunday and he said that I have a sinus infection. He didn't even give me antibiotics because he "Wants my body to work it's way out of it." He gave me a sinus flush thingy that I'm supposed to tilt my head over the sink and make the solution go up one side and out the other. That's disgusting. Disgusting and it doesn't help much. Although it does have a cute little teapot design. (I tried to blur out the brand)


He really didn't want to prescribe me anything because he doesn't know what my OB thinks is okay or not. I have a call in to the OB, I need SOMETHING! My muscles ache, my joints hurt, my voice is going away, but most of all my head is going to explode. And it has been a week. I know what your thinking... waaaa waaaa waaaa... I'm going to be taking a break until I feel better. It hurts to type.

**update 3pm: OB called and is calling me in an antibiotic. Finally.

***another update 10pm: That teapot thingy does work. It is definitely a weird sensation having your sinus' fill up with saline. A totally weirder sensation having all that junk come out the other side. Just FYI.

3 comments:

  1. I am totally feeling your pain with my own sinus infection. I too have the little blue pot which I used 3 weeks ago until I got my first round of antibiotics last Tuesday. Now I'm on my second round of antibiotics because the first have done nothing to eliminate the pain.....oh, the pain! I'll waaa waaa waaa to you, you can waaa waaa waaa to me......Hang in there, you're not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. stupid doctors, sometimes they just need to give up the drugs.
    i feel for you. :)
    but be glad you are pregnant-- i am pretty jealous right now with all the babies popping up around me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am feeling the same way right now and I can take madicine. I feel sorry for you. I am bitchy on Dayquil, I can't imagine what I would be without it. So much so that I might not come down this weekend. Maybe I should go see a doctor. I forgot I have that same little teapot thingy. Maybe I will give that a try.

    ReplyDelete