Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Works for me... Socks under my pillow!

Fall is here... there is a chill in the air and my FEET ARE COLD! It's nice and warm all day but then the night falls and it's getting a little bit colder. I have to fight Jason to turn off the AC. Or at least turn it warmer.
Do you ever go to bed feeling fine, and then it's 2am and you wake up freezing cold, only to stumble out of bed and feel around in the dark for your dresser to get a pair of socks? Me too. Until now. I have for the last few years kept a pair of socks under my pillow. Of course I keep them lying flat... who wants a bunched up pair of socks making a rock under your pillow? When I wake up I just reach under my pillow without getting out of bed and put them on. It is so convenient! Then, if I get too warm I just take them off again and put them back. I used to keep them on the floor next to the bed but that stopped when I fell out. Yeah, that happened, and my bed is literally 3 feet high. Lets not talk about it. Now, I actually wake up in the morning with socks on, not remembering putting them on. I don't even wake myself up! I know I have something going on for me when Jason calls me a weirdo. He just wishes he thought it up first. That, or he wishes his feet got cold too. See what other crazy ideas you can find over at Rocks In my Dryer.

6 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to try this!

    I'm trying to get my daughter to try it too!

    Thanks for a unique tip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, it's getting colder--no more sleeping naked for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a cold natured person, so this would definitely help me! Thank you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, great idea! I need tell my wife about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just had to click over and see what this post was about since my dh used to find his socks under his pillow...when he'd kick them off at night and leave them lying in the floor beside the bed for days, refusing to pick them up! lol

    Alas, I won't be using this tip. I'm one of the weird ones who can't stand to sleep with socks on.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete