Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The leaves aren't actually going to 'change'

We went up to the mountains to get some fresh air and see some fall leaves the other day. We had a really fun time but Brendan kept asking me when the leaves were going to change. I had to keep explaining that they already are changing from green to red/yellow/orange but that he wasn't going to actually SEE it happen. I think that maybe he thought they were going to morph into something like a bug or something. Who knows what goes through his little mind. We I took several pictures (being the wannabe photographer and all...) and here are some from our trip.
Yes, I realize the shoes were totally wrong. I only wished for my sneakers as soon as we got there. Dang, I hate that!
We saw several people fishing and this one guy had caught a few brook trout and I thought it was so cute! I have never seen one. I'm not big into fishing. All I could think was "man, he sure needs a manicure!" R- I gave him your number. But also- look how awesome this fish is! This picture you can click on and make it big.
And then for my girl friends who always laughed at me for taking "scenic" pictures all the time, here are some pictures that I thought were pretty. They thought it was funny when I didn't include someone in the picture. Even my lame camera can get some good shots.

This was a pretty fancy beaver lodge that we saw. More like a beaver mansion. I wonder who holds their mortgage.

6 comments:

  1. Great Picts! I love that you took a pict of some random guy's fish! Knowing you are that enthralled, I will email you tons of picts that Paul and Ky have caught! Ha! I love fall drives, when we went on ours, I forgot the cam in the haste to get out of the house, but I am itching to go again, so who knows, maybe I will get a random pict of a guy fishing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea, How in the world to you go ANYWHERE without your camera. You need to be better prepared. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures are beautiful! Where did you go?

    The shoes are hilarious! Did you know you were going to the mountains?

    So, after your great fresh air experience, are you ready to do some camping?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mandy aren't the outdoors beautiful? I am glad to see you going out and enjoying it. Next time wear different shoes. I know, you just want to ease into the outdoor scene slowly. Also, how do you do that strike through that I see on every post. I can't figure out how to do that.

    Hope you are feeling good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My fav is the yellow between the green trees! SOO artistic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's the first thing I think of when I go to the mountains to go hiking..I'll wear high heels!

    ReplyDelete