Thursday, October 2, 2008

Having to shop maternity a little early

Well, I've done it. I've screwed up my back. I have NO idea how I did it, but I've been to a Chiropractor (which I hate) and been heat patching it. The Chinese guy at work who I consider to be a know-it-all of the human body (because he is) told me that my spine is very swollen in my lower back. Well thanks! In all of your Ancient Chinese wisdom I was hoping that you would tell me HOW my back got this way.
The story goes like this...
Sunday- Wake up feeling fine, go to church in 3 1/2 in. hells heels. Come home, change, go to in-laws for dinner. Back starting to hurt. Getting worse by the minute. Can't. Walk. Must. Sit. Down. Go over to friends house that has an upside down chair thingy that we call the "Bat Chair" to hang upside down to see if that would help. No. Hot bath. Overdose on Ibuprofen even though I'm pregnant. (okay, only a little) IcyHot like substance on back (that is safe... I called). Go to bed in pain.
Monday- Wake up, go to girlfriends house for get together. Still a little pain, but nothing could get me out of Brunch with the Girls! My friends new house is so dang cute! We had a little brunch and a few girls came that I hadn't seen for a long time. It's good to get together! Tons of little kids running around. ***Funny side story- Brendan wouldn't let me fix his hair so I told him that he had to wear his hoodie the whole time to try to get him to let me fix it. Well, he wore that darn hoodie the entire time! What a funny dude. Sorry, I digress.*** Had to go home because back was starting to hurt more. Going to go to Chiro. Out to lunch, had to wait 2 1/2 hours. The Chiro takes 2 1/2 hour lunches because they don't have anything else going on. (sorry) They put a heated ultrasound on my back for a few minutes, adjust my lower back and sent me home with two aspirin and to call them in the morning. (I won't be calling) More heat patches, more back aches from other muscles trying to compensate. I'm a MESS!

Does anyone have any theories? Mine is that the pregnancy hormone Relaxin has made my scoliosis pop back into the right place. That is the way the back is hurting, anyway.

So, to sum up my story, I need flat shoes. I don't think I own a pair of flat shoes. Therefore, I need to go shopping. Oh, the horror!! I think I'll manage.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a kidney stone, very common with pregnancy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for that suggestion... I might agree, but the Chinese guy says the tissue around the spine is swollen. I don't think kidney stones cause that. At least, I hope not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no words of wisdom on the back pain. (It took me awhile to figure out your abbreviation for chiropracter. I couldn't get those cinnamon stick thingy's off my brain...churro's. mmmm) Good luck!

    Mandy, having to buy flat shoes does not count as buying maternity! It's anything above the ankle! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you need Metamucil!

    pop

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have anything to permanently help the back pain, but Skyler has this thing called (i'm probably going to spell it wrong) a maxcsilofacial roller that he uses with his clients on sore areas to "loosen them up". It helps it feel better for awhile! Just knock and I'll let ya borrow it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're cleaning/working too much and not eating enough chocolate donuts.

    [heck if i know]

    whenever i get lower back pain when i'm pregnant, it's because of my kidneys. i just drink a gazillion gallons of water and it goes away.

    [heck if i know]
    good luck! i hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chocolate donuts for SURE! I'm going to get some from Dunford today! Thanks for the suggestion!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you need to be off of your feet more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I about croaked when I saw the sextuplets on your blog! Phew, glad that is (hopefull)going to change! So sorry about your back. As you know I myself have had my share of pregnancy back pain, I feel for you! By the way, any chance I could get that chinese guy's contact info?? j/k

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shelley- Anytime you need a good Chinese guy to help you out, you let me know!! I'll get you into my inner circle!

    ReplyDelete