Friday, October 24, 2008

Put this in the "What The Heck Was I Thinking" catagory

Earlier in the week I bought tickets for a movie for tonight for our little family. What were those tickets you ask? Well-- High School Musical 3, of course. I knew it would be an adventure. After all, who doesn't love Zac Effron?? (And don't tell me you don't-I know better!) I really like the movies. I'll be the first to admit that it was my idea to go to the show. Then I got there. The theater was SWARMING with tweeny girl boppers. I'm not talking a hundred. I'm talking more like a million! Screaming, crazy, hyper-on-sugar-sticks girls. Mom, did I ever act like that? When they let the line into the theater you would have thought Zac aka Troy was the door opener. We got to our seats and a lady in her 50's sat by Jason and said "Good, at least I don't have to sit by screaming girls." And I kid you not- she was worse than any of the girls sitting around us. I told Jason to tell her that he thought he wasn't sitting by any screaming girls too. He didn't. Chicken.
I would have liked it better if I didn't feel so crappy. I'll give a review on it when more people have seen it. Jason said his favorite part was all of the short skirts.

At the end of the movie Brendan turns to me as we walk down the stairs and says "Mom, let's get out of here before the girls start screaming anymore."

*edited to add: The girls only started screaming:
1- When we got to go IN to the theater. Which was exactly when the movie should have started.
2- When they dimmed the lights. About 15 minutes later.
3- When there was a movie trailer with Zac Effron in it. Called 17 again. Really, when does this 7:55 movie start? It's now 8:30!
4- When the Disney logo came on.
5- When HSM logo came on.
6- When Zac first showed on screen, which was the very first thing.
7- When Troy & Gabriella kissed. (sorry to ruin it for you)
8- Then at the end for the credits.
I was very surprised that they controlled themselves pretty good DURING the movie. It was the crazy lady next to Jason that gave us a hard time!

2 comments:

  1. OMG I can't believe you went to see HSM3 on opening night! You are nuts! I can totally imagine the audience pack filled with tweeners and teens screaming at the top of their lungs every time Zac was on the screen. I haven't seen any of the movies but I might. Just to see what all the hype's about. They say it's the modern day Grease. I like Zac with his hair combed, not when it's all shaggy looking. Are he and Vanessa still together IRL?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so AWESOME!!!! Me and my husband went and saw it opening night too. But we went to Carmike so it was not as busy and crazy as yours was. The third one is my favorite. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete