Jason and I went to the doctor today to see the baby on the ultrasound and to visit with our new doctor. My regular Dr doesn't take my insurance for Ob's so I had to switch to his partner (Sherri, I know you're happy). I have to deliver at a different hospital than I did with Brendan so- there you go- new doctor. I really like him and am excited to work with him.
Everything looks great on the ultrasound machine. Given the fact that it is 100 years old and a Labor & Delivery reject, it worked fine! They just have it for this purpose. To see your baby for the first time. Baby was doing somersaults all over the place! It wouldn't be still so the doctor could see the heart beat flicker. Every time it came around he'd go "THERE- There- there-" and point to the little flicker of the heart on its every rotation. Man, Brendan was a mover. It's all coming back to me. I loved feeling him move, but at the end of the pregnancy it got OLD. Especially the hiccups. I HATED HICCUPS! Brendan got them all the time.
A fun little fact. My sister Heidi is pregnant too and originally due 1 week before me, but she is now due the SAME DAY! Her ultrasound put her back a week which is going to make for a busy week for my parents!
I have gotten some kind of virus. For the last few weeks all of my muscles and joints ache. The last few days I have had the cold chills, I had a fever for a day, and I actually threw up! I took some Theraflu and my body rejected it- so out came everything from a 24 hour period. I'm not counting it as a pregnant throw up though. Today I feel better than yesterday, but the virus has settled into my sinuses. I have had a sinus infection every fall/spring for the last 2 years. It's getting old. And now I can't take anything good because of being pregnant! UGH! Sorry for all the complaining, I just don't feel good. Good times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
SOOOO.....What's your due date???
ReplyDeleteStill May 20th!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations again! Both of my kids had the hiccups ALL THE TIME. It does get annoying but it's cute. Will you be finding out the gender? Hope you feel better.
ReplyDeleteI got your message yesterday! I am glad everything looked good! How cool is that you and Heidi have the same due date?! Can't wait to see everyone in 1 week!
ReplyDeleteMost definitely will be finding out the gender. I couldn’t be one of those who wants to be “surprised”. Lame!
ReplyDeleteI think you should your new daughter " Padma"
ReplyDeleteshe will be glad you did
pop
Well, glad to hear that all is well and that there is only one. Thanks for the phone call, little punk! See you soon.
ReplyDeleteYou had to switch Doctors? Ahhh, I was actually looking forward to more stories about his "Wilde" behavior, there goes all my fun. I am really happy for you guys! Once you actually SEE that little buddy.....or sweetie.....inside you, it becomes much more real. WOO-HOO!
ReplyDeleteOh only one. I was hoping for twins. oh well. I hope you feel better.
ReplyDelete