I hate how the ads and the news tells us that this is the LAST weekend of Summer. Usually it stays pretty warm for another few weeks. However, today felt like Fall. I'm not ready for Fall. It seems like just yesterday I was shoveling the snow off our cars. That's what happens when you have an extensive remodeling project though, you don't get to see the outside very much. WHAT HAPPENED TO SUMMER!?? Okay, I guess I did get to go places and do a lot of things, but I feel like it has only been a month.
This weekend I have finished 3 1/2 projects around the house. I finished Brendan's new room. This gets complicated: We had a nursery and an office. When Brendan was 3 we moved him into the office for his new bedroom so we could keep the nursery because we were going to have another baby. Time was going by with no baby, so I had remodeled the nursery into my sewing slash craft room. I painted one wall chocolate pudding brown. LOVED IT! We got new carpet last week in there, so we decided to move Brendan back so that he would have more space (washer and dryer are in the office... another post, perhaps.) But Brendan wanted it Batman Blue. So, primer over the newly painted walls to re-paint walls. Now that my sewing room is going in the office, which WAS ALREADY blue, I wanted that to be painted the chocolate pudding brown. Primer, re-paint. Switching rooms, switching colors too. Plus, I painted the second coat on the hallway, finished putting Brendan's room together and painted the front door and it's casings. WHEW. I was so busy worrying about projects that I forgot to do my blessing yesterday. So to that, I say being finished with Brendan's new room is my blessing! So much for the last weekend of summer!
This weekend I have finished 3 1/2 projects around the house. I finished Brendan's new room. This gets complicated: We had a nursery and an office. When Brendan was 3 we moved him into the office for his new bedroom so we could keep the nursery because we were going to have another baby. Time was going by with no baby, so I had remodeled the nursery into my sewing slash craft room. I painted one wall chocolate pudding brown. LOVED IT! We got new carpet last week in there, so we decided to move Brendan back so that he would have more space (washer and dryer are in the office... another post, perhaps.) But Brendan wanted it Batman Blue. So, primer over the newly painted walls to re-paint walls. Now that my sewing room is going in the office, which WAS ALREADY blue, I wanted that to be painted the chocolate pudding brown. Primer, re-paint. Switching rooms, switching colors too. Plus, I painted the second coat on the hallway, finished putting Brendan's room together and painted the front door and it's casings. WHEW. I was so busy worrying about projects that I forgot to do my blessing yesterday. So to that, I say being finished with Brendan's new room is my blessing! So much for the last weekend of summer!
Old Room (sewing room... notice ugly blue/green carpet!)




the new room is sweet!
ReplyDeleteGO BLUE!
pop