Friday, September 19, 2008

The S-P-E-L-L-I-N-G game

The other day in the car (before gallbladder gate) Jason and I had a discussion about what we should get Brendan for his birthday. We usually buy him a Halloween costume for his birthday because a) he loves to play dress up (super hero style) and b) his birthday is a month-ish away from Halloween and this is when all the costumes are coming out and if you don't get them fast, you don't get them at all! Why not turn something he would get ANYWAY into a present he can open and be surprised with. It really is a win/win for parents. Brendan has about 5 things he wants to dress up as this year, so we are waiting until the last day to get him one- because who wants to spend money on something that he isn't so committed to? Last year we bought him 5 different costumes. He loved it! And he brings them when his girl cousing are playing princess dressup. He gets to be Batman or Spiderman.
So, back to the discussion... I love this time in Brendan's life. Jas and I get to talk about him- in front of him- and he has no idea of what we are talking about.

M: "I was looking online for a c-o-s-t-u-m-e. I saw a S-t-o-r-m-T-r-o-o-p-e-r one that was really cool."

J: "What about an e-r-i-n p-r-i-n-c-e-s-s- one for you?"

"What?? Erin??"

"You know, the p-r-i-n-c-e-s-s from s-t-a-r-w-a-r-s."

"Right, you mean Leia."

"Dang, I screwed that up."

Brendan: "I know what you guys are talking about. Your going to go run errands."

M: "Your right! We are going to run errands."

J: "How come your so smart? Do they teach you to spell in pre-school?"

B:"Yeah, I'm pretty smart!"

2 comments:

  1. The nice thing about B-A-B-I-E-S is you don't even have to S-P-E-L-L and they still don't know what you are talking about! Well if we say TRAIN Will will say "choo-choo!".... but anyway thats just one more reason to be excited to have a baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was nice to not have to spell anything. This isn't going to work much longer!

    ReplyDelete