Monday, September 8, 2008

Two very different ideas of fun

Today Jason and I both had the day off, so I left him home with Brendan while I had a SHOPPING DAY! (Jason had been gone all weekend hiking, so I thought it would be only fair...) I had a gift card to the mall that I had gotten for my birthday almost 5 months ago that I haven't had time to use. So, off to the mall I went. Doesn't it drive you cRaZy that when you have money to spend that you can't find ONE THING to buy?? Why is that, and why does Murphy always have the say? Well, I ended up finding something to buy. You can never go wrong at the good ole B&BW. I got to see some old friends which was nice.

While I was gone, Brendan had a friend over and they were over at my moms house in the backyard playing with Jason. They found the biggest grasshopper I have seen in at least 10 years. In fact, I don't remember seeing ANY grasshoppers in the last 10 years. Maybe this one has been hibernating and that is why he is so big. Little Eric named him Benny. Benny the Grasshopper. Brendan had to eat dinner with Benny. I personally had to go into the other room (here next to the computer that is) and eat my leftovers from the Cheesecake Factory that I had for lunch. YUM!

This is why I went shopping alone. Without my boys. They have a very different idea of fun. Although -today I may have liked to catch grasshoppers with them because there was nothing cute at the mall. And I was very upset about the whole shopping day. Maybe tomorrow while Brendan is in pre-school I'll go birthday shopping for him. You can always find things for OTHER people, plus I don't have any more money on the gift card. Those two factors right there are a guarantee for good shopping!

4 comments:

  1. I love bugs, and I can't wait until my 2 little boys are messin' with 'em too! My girls are learning quickly NOT to fear Crickets, Silverfish and Cockroaches. It's hard to break the cycle when their mom HATES bugs as much as she does... Although, when I'm not around, I hear she's quite the bug-slayer. To me, Grasshoppers, Pill Bugs, and Daddy Long Legs were considered TOYS in the '80s!! Good times!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mandy,
    hi! it's me, the blog stalker that never gets a chance to leave comments. i finally get to today!

    i think that grasshopper ate all the other grasshoppers. that thing is HUGE!! i love reading your blog. your boy is a doll. your family picture is gourgeous. sorry i don't comment as much. i don't get a lot of chances to type, you know how it is, right? hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All three of my kids (girls included) love grasshopper hunting. They refuse to catch crickets, however, because the crickets bite them. What is it about kids and bugs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is Benny doing? Is he still alive and well, or has he met the grasshopper maker in the sky?

    ReplyDelete