Did I actually work today? Not much. I was busy calling people! In between my calls I think I answered a few work related ones. Not quite sure, it was such a blur. Now I better go to bed because I am so dang tired. YAY! I LOVE BEING TIRED!!!
Thursday, September 18, 2008
A rollercoaster of emotion at its highest
I can't even begin to tell you the emotion that I feel. This has been such a long journey for Jason and me and I am soooo excited. I had no idea that I was pregnant. According to this post I didn't even ovulate! Although when the doctor told me, I argued with him telling him that I FELT the ovulation pain. Heidi will back me up because when she came over to help me paint my new sewing room I had to lay down most of the time because I was cramping so bad! So the nurse relayed that to the Dr. and he looked at the test closer. He said that the hormone level should have been higher than it was- due to the fact that I was on the drugs. Because it was so low he said that it could have been a lab error. So I asked "So, basically we're going to pretend that I didn't get that test done?" "Exactly", he told me. I was waiting for my period to start which would indicate that I HAD ovulated. When and if no period came I knew that I would have to start from square one taking all of the other drugs to start my period and then do the fertility. My drug cocktail contained the following: Provera to start my period; Femara to help me ovulate. I was also on Metformin for a long time. Femara is actually a breast cancer treatment that they have found works well in helping women ovulate. Down side: Chemo=hell. They have done studies that such a small dose for only 5 days will not hurt the fetus. Besides, it would be out of your system before you actually ovulate. So many drugs, such a little body (well, comparatively)! So, in order to start the next month of hell therapy I had to take the test to get a negative. When that red line popped up my heart stopped for a minute. I was DYING! Could it really be positive? Am I really pregnant!?! YIPPEE! I was headed to work early in the morning, so I jumped on top of Jason- immediately realizing that I had probably hurt his incisions, but screaming "We're pregnant!" Then I had to go get him his lortabs. :) I went to the OB's office as soon as they opened and they told me that their tests were exactly the same as the stores and didn't want me to waste a co-pay. But the nurse did send me down for a blood test that they had worked STAT and I found out right after lunch that things were good. The funny thing about this is that when I got pregnant with Brendan I had no idea either. I was scheduled for a root canal and I wanted the nitrous so I thought I better take a test JUST IN CASE. (Nitrous can cause miscarriages) Badabing! Pregnant. I had to cancel the root canal. I have also had to cancel my tonsillectomy. Maybe that's the key... Schedule a medical procedure that can't be done if you are preggers.
Did I actually work today? Not much. I was busy calling people! In between my calls I think I answered a few work related ones. Not quite sure, it was such a blur. Now I better go to bed because I am so dang tired. YAY! I LOVE BEING TIRED!!!
Did I actually work today? Not much. I was busy calling people! In between my calls I think I answered a few work related ones. Not quite sure, it was such a blur. Now I better go to bed because I am so dang tired. YAY! I LOVE BEING TIRED!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love hearing the story! Seriously though, what if you are the next Jas and Mandy plus 7?!!!!
ReplyDeleteGood grief Andrea! Don't jinx me! I would absoultely die. Well, maybe not actualy DIE, but I would consider it!
ReplyDeleteI love that you said "Preggers". Can't wait to see you tomorrow!
ReplyDeletecongratulations! i'm so happy for you!!
ReplyDeletewow. that's wonderful news.
ReplyDeletebest of luck to you!!