Thanks to somebody on this blog carnival several months ago for this wonderful idea. I don't remember who you are, so- sorry! I told this tip to my sister-in-law over the weekend and she asked me why I didn't write about it. Apparently they don't go over and get all the great ideas that I do. This is for all of you who missed it the first time around, because it is such a great idea! So, for this week I am going to tell you about re-using your dryer sheets. You can get them wet and clean the soap scum, the orangy slime, and everything else that gets in your shower or tub. That's it! An already used dryer sheet, water and a little elbow grease. I know, your thinking that this is a lame idea, but let me tell you... IT TOTALLY WORKS! When I read this idea months ago it was 1 in the morning and I said to myself "Yeah, Right!" So I went to prove it wrong. And what do you know? I spent 30 mintues cleaning and going back to get more dryer sheets and part of my shower was brand new! I stopped about 1:30 because then I said to myself "You are totally crazy for cleaning at 1:30 in the morning. Get your no-good butt to bed!" I even used NEW dryer sheets to test that out. The only difference was there was too much softener on it and it made the shower too Bouncy fresh. I recommend the used ones. I was so excited to do laundry the next day to get some new cleaning supplies! I just stash them in a bag under the sink and get them out when I need to. This works for me! Go over and see what other life changing ideas you can get at Shannon's Place!
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Works for me: Used Dryer Sheets!
Thanks to somebody on this blog carnival several months ago for this wonderful idea. I don't remember who you are, so- sorry! I told this tip to my sister-in-law over the weekend and she asked me why I didn't write about it. Apparently they don't go over and get all the great ideas that I do. This is for all of you who missed it the first time around, because it is such a great idea! So, for this week I am going to tell you about re-using your dryer sheets. You can get them wet and clean the soap scum, the orangy slime, and everything else that gets in your shower or tub. That's it! An already used dryer sheet, water and a little elbow grease. I know, your thinking that this is a lame idea, but let me tell you... IT TOTALLY WORKS! When I read this idea months ago it was 1 in the morning and I said to myself "Yeah, Right!" So I went to prove it wrong. And what do you know? I spent 30 mintues cleaning and going back to get more dryer sheets and part of my shower was brand new! I stopped about 1:30 because then I said to myself "You are totally crazy for cleaning at 1:30 in the morning. Get your no-good butt to bed!" I even used NEW dryer sheets to test that out. The only difference was there was too much softener on it and it made the shower too Bouncy fresh. I recommend the used ones. I was so excited to do laundry the next day to get some new cleaning supplies! I just stash them in a bag under the sink and get them out when I need to. This works for me! Go over and see what other life changing ideas you can get at Shannon's Place!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I knew I wasn't the only one who cleaned at odd hours! Of course, the last time I tried it I had to call Poison Control, lol. I blogged it (called Mr. Yuk) last month. I can't wait to try your idea out! Blessings, Whitney
ReplyDeleteWhat a great tip! I'm going to give this a try.
ReplyDeleteThanks for re-sharing this tip! I always feel bad when I throw out those used dryer sheets - now I can repurpose them!
ReplyDeleteGreat tip! Thank you!
ReplyDeletea drop of lemon juice on a dryer sheet gives your clothes a fresher scent.
ReplyDeletepop
That's a great idea! I'll have to try that out!
ReplyDeletegreat tip.
ReplyDeletere-used dryer sheets also work great for cleaning blinds (wooden, vinyl or aluminum) it reduces static and helps to ward off the dust bunnies!
That is also a good tip Noel, thanks!
ReplyDeleteYou can also get the black smoke marks off of the glass in your candle.
ReplyDeleteI was just looking for a good way to clean my shower!! I'll definitely have to give this a try! Thanks!
ReplyDelete