Monday, September 22, 2008

"Quilting is a disease to which there is no known cure."

A guy at my office told me that when I told him I picked up the hobby. His wife is a MAJOR quilter and even has her own classes. Her sewing room is "bigger than the Blue Banana!" (know your movies...) I better get going on my quilts if I am going to get them done before the baby comes. I know it's 8 months away, but it just might take me that long! Here is the "Pumpkin Hill" quilt I told you about. Heidi and I took a block of the month class at Gardner Village together. We also bought a quilting machine together that she keeps at her house. I quilted this one together myself. I think it's really fun. Heidi has been trying to get a business going, so if anyone needs to get your quilt done, she can do it! I wanted to be able to hang my quilts in the entryway like she does, changing them with the seasons, but when Jason finished the wainscot I couldn't justify covering it up. This one is big enough to go on my bed, but who is going to see it there? I'm going to have to figure out what to do with them. Any ideas??


I wanted to show the detail of the quilting on the back of the quilt.


5 comments:

  1. yea quilts. You need to come do your snowman one. I'm only storing it for 3 more months then I'm auctioning it off :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just hang it in your entryway. it's cute there and you can still see the nice woodwork!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hide- I'm surprised that you didn't guess the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, what an amazing quilt!! I LOVE it! Great job.

    Thanks for stopping by on my blog today.

    ReplyDelete