You may or may not notice--and that is why I bring it to your attention-- that I have changed my list of blogs a little. I have decided to put those of you who have music on their blogs into a totally separate category. It's not because I don't love you, BECAUSE I DO!... It's just that it drives me absolutely crazy! Chances are that I am already listening to my Itunes, or the radio, or even a TV show while I'm browsing all of your updates and I get blasted with music that you like, but I may or may not like. I have debated for a long time about even bringing this up because really, it's obviously just me. But, I have to save my sanity.
Please tell me I'm not the only one. Leave your thoughts on the subject... be anonymous if you must, but be honest!
Like I said, it's not because I don't love you. It's because you play music. LOVE YOU!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sure! I know deep down you are segregating us apart from the ones you truly love! Ha! Seriously, I am surprised you even mentioned it, I would have never even noticed. But now that you do...
ReplyDeletedoesn't anyone listen to the
ReplyDeleteBeatles anymore?
pop
I'm in the same boat Mandy. I despise blogs that auto-play music, but I don't know that I'd have the guts to publicly tell that to my best friends and family ;)
ReplyDeleteI didn't know you read Dooce. She's good.
Ty, you of all people COULD tell people. I mean, you roasted that friend for spamming you!! HA! Yes, I was a closet Dooce reader for a long time. I just came out of the closet. I love how raw she is. It's a good pychological read for me.
ReplyDeleteI hate, hate, HATE it! Not that I don't mind good music or others' choice in music (except for the Beatles Neil), I just hate being at work and pleasantly checking up on others' blogs only to be scared to death when some song comes blarring through my speakers. It's a huge problem because I never bring a spare pair of underwear to work and my wife is too darn young to be a widow if I die from a heart attack. They should make it where the music comes on when I want it to... By the way, did I mention I hate when the music comes on?
ReplyDeleteI took the music off my blog because I would be annoyed when I was looking at blogs at work, and the music would blast suddenly, and I was caught not working at work!
ReplyDeleteI know, I'm losing my edge. Too many people telling me to be nice.
ReplyDeleteDooce can definitely be over-the-top, especially with her borderline Mormon humor. I like a good nyuck nyuck, but my sense of humor struggles with inappropriate faith jokes. That aside, she has wicked style.
You should check out her tweets if you still Twitter at all.
I haven't checked other people's blogs for a while, and look what happens when I don't ... YOU'RE PREGNANT?!?!? Congratulations doesn't seem like enough! I am so thrilled for you guys. I hope you're taking time to rest and take care of your body and that/those baby/babies. Are you hoping for multiples?
ReplyDeleteBTW, I can't believe it's even a possibility that you wouldn't like MY music. Anyone that is our age and doesn't like a little YAZ every once in a while is a weirdo. JK
I, too, hate blogs that play music. It drives me up the wall. I then spend 5 minutes frantically searching for the pause button. Egads!
ReplyDelete