This is in celebration of my 100th post... these are in no particular order.
- The best day of my life was my wedding day!
- The second best day was the day my son was born.
- I love being married and having a family.
- I HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 10 YEARS!!! Where has the time gone???
- My last name is pronounced Nigh-ber or Ny-ber. The G is silent.
- Nigbur is German. My father-in-law's parents came over from Germany with 5 kids. They then had four more. (or was it 4 and then 5... I can never remember)
- I have struggled with infertility now for a total of 5 years. 2 before I got pregnant with Brendan, and 3 since after we have tried for another. It is my fault. My body is broken.
- Jason bought me a Yorkie once we knew we would have trouble getting pregnant. He is now 7 1/2 years old. We call him our oldest child. He is a really spoiled brat!
- I love to take cold showers on a hot summer's day. Jason will take a hot shower no matter what.
- I don't like to sit in hot tubs, or take a hot bath for too long.
- I don't like really hot drinks. I don't like the way it makes your insides hot.
- I love to drink Coke. I love the carbonation as it goes down my throat. (I am also addicted... I admit it!)
- I hate to read novels. I hate it! Although, I will engage in a book if it is OVERWHELMINGLY popular. I have to be in the know! Give me a good, short article in a mag, newspaper, or Internet any day over a novel.
- I love to dance. I miss dancing. I wish I would get into it more.
- I am a night owl. There is something in my body that will NOT let me sleep before midnight.
- I love to take naps in the day. Maybe I'm a vampire...
- I love the smell of fresh cut grass.
- I have severe hay fever most of the year, so I can't enjoy that smell for very long. I hate having allergies! They SUCK, but yea for antihistamines!
- I loved learning about the human body in school. I actually became a certified Medical Assistant. I quit because I didn't like seeing sick people all the time. Now I just help people spend, lose, and make money in the stock market. That is a lot more fun.
- I love lightning storms. I think they are awesome. I have Brendan watch them with me so that he isn't scared. He actually loves them too.
- I loved working at Bath and Body Works. If it weren't for having Brendan, I would probably still work there. (not enough time in the day now.)
- I HATED being on fertility treatments. They made me so sick... It was like I was in the WORST pregnancy ever!
- I loved being pregnant. I had the worlds easiest pregnancy. I know that God made pregnancy easy on me because of the 2 years of HELL the fertility put me through. I was really blessed. I am grateful for that! I wish I could be pregnant again.
- I married a man from a family of 5 boys.
- I grew up with all sisters.
- I wish I could have a housekeeper.
- And a personal chef.
- And a personal trainer.
- I wanted to be a famous actress when I was in Jr. High. I still have that wish.
- I LOVE to travel.
- I have traveled as far as Italy so far. I hope to go many more places.
- I love to go to movies on opening night. There is something about the thrill of seeing the movie with the big crowd of people who are excited about being there. A comedian said it best when he called them "Cinematic Events".
- I hated pizza when I was younger. I only learned to like it when I was a teenager. (thanks Tim Tabor)
- I have re-instituted my ban on pizza. We have pizza WAY to often, and so I am banning it for a long time. Last time my ban lasted a little over a year.
- I wish there was a pill that would REALLY help you lose weight. And was still on the market. (phen-fen.. for example....)
- I hate camping. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. Not to sugar coat or anything...
- I married an Eagle Scout who LOVES camping. He had to put that on hold once we got married. (I never made him NOT camp, he just chose not to go without me... until last year. Thanks to his brothers for going with him so I don't have to.)
- I think I would go camping if I had a luxurious Motorhome. I call this the Best Western down the street.
- My form of roughing it when I was younger was sharing a bathroom with 3 sisters. NOT A PRETTY SIGHT trying to get ready for High School. I finally moved my hair and makeup into my bedroom for less fuss.
- I loved High School. If I had to do it over again, I wish I would have learned something with my good grades, and not just got them for the report card.
- I have never had a broken bone.... knock on wood.
- I have never had a bee sting.... knock on wood.
- I have, however, had seven surgeries in my life... these include an appendectomy; 2 tumors removed from breast tissue; Ovarian cyst removal; Endometriosis removal with a Hysterosalpingogram; An emergency C-section; Another endometriosis removal; Gallbladder removal.
- I one day want to have a tummy tuck. I hope this is my last surgery.
- I love chocolate pudding pie, Boston cream pie, and cream cheese pie.
- I don't like cake. I have had pie for my birthday ever since I can remember. I do have an occasional Strawberry Shortcake, but that is different than other cake because you smother it with STRAWBERRIES!!!
- I LOVE strawberries. They are the fruit of the Gods.
- I am so glad Jason is done with school. It was a LLLOOOONNNNGGGG road!
- I love shopping online. I think it's the greatest invention! Shop in your jammies!
- Who am I kidding, I love shopping ANYWHERE!!
- I love finding a bargain online. I have shopped for a lot of my house remodeling online and have saved $100's of dollars because of it. YEA FOR EBAY!
- I love blogging. I think it's great because I used to journal everyday anyway, this way people can share my thoughts before I'm dead.
- I love Spring because I can start getting outside and gardening after a long and dreary winter.
- I love Summer because all of the flowers are in full bloom and we get to go water skiing!
- I love Fall because of the beautiful trees changing color, and the flowers fading for the winter.
- I am beginning to appreciate Winter for it's place in my gardening world. It allows me time to re-cooperate from gardening till spring, and it also allows the flowers time to hibernate.
- I love gardening! I learned that I have a green thumb after I got married. I would love to be a landscape designer.
- I have become addicted to quilting. Applique quilting to be exact. Thanks a lot to Dr. Wilde, my infertility specialist who told me to get a hobby to take my mind off of not getting pregnant. And thanks to Heidi for getting me started, and to Trudy who has nursed the addiction.
- I love interior design. I would love to be an interior designer too. I designed my new kitchen and family room by myself. People have really liked it. (me especially!)
- I have had a job since I was 16. I have never been without work. I started out as a waitress at Pizza Hut for six months, then at Sizzler for three years. Up until last year, I held 2 jobs at all times. (yes, B&BW counts!!!)
- I just realized that I have worked now for the same number of years that I didn't have to work. YIKES!
- I have been a Registered Stock Broker for 8 years now.
- I have been a mother going on 5 years! Without a raise, I might add...
- I am a clean freak in a messy woman's body. I really need a maid! (see #26)
- I got hit in the head with a baseball bat in 2002. It bled like crazy for such a small cut. My head STILL has a big dent, and it STILL hurts!
- I love meeting new people. I can easily talk to anybody. My mom calls me the "Social Butterfly". If I weren't I wouldn't have met Jason.
- Jason is Social Butterfly #2.
- Brendan has quickly taken on the #3 spot.
- I can tie a cherry stem into a knot with my tongue. I used to be able to do it the fastest.
- My favorite cookie is a Pumpkin Chocolate Chip. Brendan really loves them too!
- My favorite ice cream is Leatherby's chocolate with their Carmel sauce. It is the BEST Carmel sauce on the planet!
- I don't have a favorite type of food. I love Italian, Mexican, American, Chinese. I don't like Greek, Indian, Thai, or any other Asian food other than Chinese.
- I have played the piano since I was 5 years old. That was only 22 years ago! HA! (wow, when I say it like that, it has been a LONG time!)
- I still play the piano on a regular basis. I am actually the organist for my church. I think I am the youngest Mormon church organist in the world. After 10 years, I don't think Jason's family has actually ever heard me play anything other than church music. (which is totally okay with me...)
- I started dance lessons when I was 5. I always wanted to be a 'Solid Gold Dancer'. Now I think I would like to be on DWTS. That would be totally awesome! (they should have Dancing with Regular People).
- I danced in my 9th Grade Dance Company and in High School as a cheerleader.
- I tried out to be a Utah Jazz Dancer. The only ones who made it were the dancers again. They all had on the same outfits so that the judges could tell who they were... so LAME!! I NAILED that triple pirouette! (looking back, I'm glad I didn't make it)
- I love surfing the Internet. Jason says I'm addicted. Maybe I am.
- I have a sister who won a car on the Price Is Right.
- I HATE scary movies. The kind that are slasher/demonic movies. They give me nightmares.
- Once after my sister Nicole bribed me to watch Nightmare On Elm Street as a child (long story... another post, perhaps.) I had nightmares for a MONTH straight!!
- I had to have my sister Heidi go EVERYWHERE, including the bathroom, with me so that Freddie didn't come out and get me. **Bath tub scene anyone??
- I still get together with all of my best friends from high school on a regular basis. We love doing things together. Before we all got married we traveled together everywhere.
- I just found out that I have to get my tonsils out. Add one more to #43.
- I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. No, I don't have horns.
- I do, however, have fangs. HA! jk (see #16)
- I believe in God the Eternal Father, and in his Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.
- I have a testimony of where we came from, why we're here, and what is to come in the next life. Head on over to the church website and find out for yourself!
- I love listening to talk radio. I love watching CNN, Fox News, and any other news channel that has something good on. I got hooked after 9/11. I just can't get enough news!
- I am 70% Red and 30% Blue on the color's personality chart. So I am demanding, but then I feel bad about it. HA! Jason is Blue with a little White. They say that Red/Blue relationships are the hardest. We, however, manage just beautifully. (as long as I get my way. HA!) jk. really.
- I love the thrill of big roller coaster rides. I love Magic Mountain. The BIGGER the better!
- Growing up we went to Lava Hot Springs at least twice a year. My Grandpa & Grandma Davis owned property up there. We would usually go up around the 4th of July. They had the biggest fireworks displays going off of the top of the mountain. One year, the whole side of the mountain caught on fire! We were all afraid that it would burn the house down. Since then they haven't had fireworks. :(
- I love breakfast foods. Give me french toast for breakfast, lunch or dinner anytime!
- I NEVER forget a face. I may not remember your name, but I know who you are. If I don't say anything it's because I don't like to go "Hi- do you remember me??" because most of the time they don't and I look like an idiot. I hate looking like an idiot! So, if you recognize me, come say hi!
- I am an impatient person. I come from a long line of impatient people. I would like to think that I have more patience than my mom though. And my sister Heidi.
- I am very stubborn. It must be the Strawberry Blonde hair. (that and the whole Red color test thing.)
- I am famous for my natural Strawberry Blonde hair. I have had people recognize me from the back before because of my hair. (at least that's what they say! HA!)
- I only have to wash my hair once or twice a week. My hair works best on day 4. I am glad I don't have oily hair!!
- I love to vacuum. I wish I had a central vac. I grew up with one, and now I have to have a 100 lb (okay, it's probably only 15) one to lug around. Albeit, it's a great one!
- Even if I don't have another kid, I am 100% completely loving the one that I have. Even though we have been trying, I have made it a point to not miss out on the wonderful things that Brendan has been bringing into my life. There hasn't been one moment I don't cherish about Brendan. I could have been lost in my sorrow of not having another one, but I would have missed out on the development of the one I already have and I would have regreted it for the rest of my life. I thank God everyday for the beautiful boy that he sent to our family.
seriously? 100? I haven't read it all yet, but I'll get to it. Phew..
ReplyDeleteYeah, it has taken me like 3 months to come up with this crap. I honestly didn't know there would be 100 things.
ReplyDeleteSo... rude about the inpatient comment! I'm only inpatient when things don't happen fast enough! HA!
ReplyDeleteThis was awfully fun to read, I never knew your Mom was impatient?? I look forward to your blog each day and always look at your Sisters blogs every day too!!
ReplyDeleteWow... nice work! And I do mean WORK!! That must have taken forever to write, but what a fun read! There were several things in there I didn't know!
ReplyDeleteWow, that must have taken awhile! So, the tonsils are going to have to come out, huh? Tyler will be sad that you can't produce funky white things from your throat anymore....oh, 101 things about Mandy. You should add that throat thingy talent to your list!
ReplyDeletehey, I just happened across your blog, and just finished your 100 things about you. WOW we have so much in common it's insane it was so fun to read stuff and be like, oh me too! anyway, the absolute best thing that got my attention, was the Lava hot springs one. holy moly, my family does not have property there but have gone also every single year since way before I was even born, give me the hot pots any day. anyway, hi. lol
ReplyDeleteI don't think I could come up with 100 things to tell about myself....ever! Nice work!
ReplyDelete