Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Reasons #5976--#5982 of why infertility sucks

I have started the drugs for this month to try to get my body to ovulate. I shredded the list of side effects so that I wouldn't look at it. That way my mind wouldn't SEE what could actually happen. However, being old to this game I already knew what was coming. However, the doctor DOUBLED my dosage this time after a year hiatus from fertility drugs. Good times. So here are a few of the things that my body is going through.

  • Hot Flashes. This one is especially great in August when it is ALREADY hot outside.
  • Vomiting: There is nothing glamorous about vomiting.
  • Nausea: If you're not ACTUALLY throwing up, you get it's cousin- which makes you want the vomiting to come back. At least the nausea goes away for a little while.
  • Headaches: These are especially fun... but not even vomiting makes them go away.
  • Raging Hormones: If you thought PMS was bad, wait until you have to take these bad boys. Nothing says love like yelling, crying, barfing and did I mention yelling and crying?
  • Fatigue: You would think that this isn't a very bad one, but when you have to pull yourself across the kitchen floor in order to get into the other room, you know you have a problem. I think I have slept for 43 of the last 48 hours. Seriously. My fingers are hurting having to type so much.
  • Knowing that I'll have to do it again next month if it doesn't work this month: This is the hardest one of all. I would breeze through all the rest of this crap if I knew it was going to work. Still, I'm keeping the faith and saying my sincerest prayers to get me through this ONE MORE TIME. Hopefully one LAST time.

So, until I feel better (which is hopefully Friday) I will be lying in bed, with my stainless steel throw up pan (my new BFF) by my side.

4 comments:

  1. sorry buddy. i hope you are feeling better soon and don't we all want it to work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When this is all over, I say we take your medication, tear it to shreds and then burn it....just like they do to the vampires in Twilight....yeah that's what we'll do! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I saw your post of wanting people to comment, so here I am! I just randomly came across your blog... I think from a friend of a friend of a friend of a cousins neighbor or something to that effect! I liked your 100 facts about yourself. Sometimes it's just so fun to come across a completely random person and learn about who they really are. You have my sympathies(sp?) in dealing with the trials of infertility. I wish you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete