I have been having a reoccurring dream that my teeth are crumbling; falling out. Sometimes its the bottom teeth, but mostly it is the top two middle teeth. And they just crack in half. The top layer to be exact, leaving me with two really thin teeth. Why am I telling you this dream? I have A LOT of weird dreams. Most people can't remember them but I do. I used to go to a therapist (not because of the dreams) and she sure shed light on their subject matter. A lot of my dreams are anxiety driven. The dream website that I visit says this about my tooth dream: "There is often a feeling of helplessness, of powerlessness--the teeth are coming out and there is nothing the dreamer can do to stop the process." Now, through my therapy sessions she taught me to look at what was happening in my life right now and try to assess what that means. Do I feel out of control? YES. Helpless? YES. Anxiety driven? YES, YES!! "Dreams of tooth loss coupled with anxiety reflect a fear of change, fear of transition. Fear of failure."
Now, you're asking yourself, "What does she have to be anxious or helpless about?" Well, I'll tell you; we are starting the fertility again. This weekend. I got the prescriptions filled and there is no stopping the train that I have gotten onto. I promised myself I would give it one more try before giving up totally; and I am scared as hell. Whats even funnier? My body started it's own cycle after 5 months of NOTHING! I filled the prescription to start the cycle... that very day. My body knew. It was frightened. How's that for ironic. So, here's to another month of charting, calculating, barfing, and being crazy hormonal. God help us all... mostly Jason.
I can only hope that my teeth do NOT actually fall out.
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good luck Mandy with the fertility and with your teeth!
ReplyDeleteI'll be praying for you!!
ReplyDeleteThanks guys! I appreciate the support. Love you!
ReplyDelete