Thursday, August 28, 2008

The SECOND first day of school

In the summer I got the information for Brendan's preschool to register for the fall. In that info was the date for the first day of school. When I read it, it said that school would start the end of August on the last Thursday and Friday. Or, at least that's what I SWEAR I thought it said. I was at work on Tuesday and Jason called me up. "Mandy, I just got a call from someone."
Me: "Yeah, who from?"
J: "Brendan's preschool teacher wanting to know where he was for the first day of school."
M: ***CRAP*** "The letter said it started on Thursday!! That's what I told you, right!?"
J: "Yeah, but it didn't make sense. I couldn't figure out why. Brendan was really upset and crying, and I just got him to calm down."
M: "Yeah, well I guess I read the day wrong. SORRY! Too bad I couldn't find it when I went to look."
Dang remodeling! EVERYTHING gets lost! Obviously, I read the form wrong. I claim that my brain left with my placenta. That's my story. Last night at Girls Night Out (which was way fun and much needed) we were talking about how forgetful we became when we got pregnant and then more so after we gave birth. I have not been the same since. One of the girls last night had a hysterectomy a few weeks ago and said that her whole brain must have gone. We think there is a connection.

So, back to today. Brendan was SO excited to go back to preschool. And when I say back, I mean he misses the deadline for Kindergarten so he has another year of preschool. He usually sleeps in until 9:30-10:00 am, (I know, I'm totally lucky!) but today he was up and ready for school by 8. He was ready to go. Except it doesn't start until noon. So, he couldn't understand why we had to wait. He was being so dang funny. "Is it time yet?" So, when we got there he RAN down to the classroom. I had to yell at him to stop so I could take his picture on the first second day of school. Of course he wanted his hair in a Mohawk to impress the girls. Always the ladies man. Just like his dad.

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I guess he'll be wanting AM kindergarten! :) how would you like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is soo stinkin cute. I am so glad he is in my primary class.

    ReplyDelete