Monday, August 11, 2008

Weekend-O-Fun

This last weekend was a blast. Here we are with the kids at Lagoon. Lagoon is the mini version of "Six Flags". This is the second year in a row that I have been since high school. That is a VERY long time ago. I love going to amuzement parks, but this one is so small in comparison that I haven't been because of its lack of BIG rides. There are a few new ones that I haven't seen since yesteryear, but still... VIPER ANYONE!!?!? We were there as a family the year that it opened in 1990. 2 Hour line. WORTH EVERY SECOND!!! But, I digress...

Here is a slide show of the fun that we had as a family at our very humble amuzement park...




Then to finish the weekend off, we had Jills baby shower. This will make 6 Nigbur grandkids. And the 2nd boy. Brendan has been alone for 5 years, but will now have someone to train in the art of boyhood.

Later that night we revived the "Nig 4" on the game "Rock Band". Brendan helped Jason this time with the drums. They got an impressive 85%! Not bad for an almost 5 year old! (okay, so he was only in charge of the red drum, but still.. he had to hit it right, and not too often.)

Brendan then wanted to play the guitar himself. He is going to be a Rock Star someday!!

A One Man Band

5 comments:

  1. What is the VIPER? Is that a ride at Lagoon? Did you go on Wicked? Loved that one. Oh-yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lagoon is Ty's fav place in the ENTIRE world. Honestly, it cracks me up because I've been there and seen how "humble" an amusement park it truly is. He loves his HS memories of that place.

    I'm so sorry to hear of your struggles with fertility. I know so many women facing the same challenges, and it breaks my heart for you. You are strong women with righteous desires, and the Lord will bless you for your efforts. We will pray for you, we know it must be terribly hard putting your body and emotions through all this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like tons of fun! And, yes, that IS great for a 5 yr old! Why to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, can I get some copies of the pictures from Lagoon? I went to blog about Lagoon and surprising noticed I only took like 5 pictures! Oooops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Hayley, you can get copies. I got some from Dave too. I'll let you have his memory card.

    ReplyDelete