Sunday, August 17, 2008

52 Week Blessing #33

This week I am thankful for the blessings of beautiful flowers. Everywhere I go I notice some type of flower that I would like to have in my yard. My yard is kind of hard to landscape because I have a huge tree that shades a lot of it and so I am finding by trial and error what goes where best. These two plants are my favorite summer bloomers. They are Hibiscus which is the Hawaiian state flower. Since I can't live in Hawaii (well, I could but then I would be far away from family... which is why I can't) I'll bring a little of the island to my front yard. I have found a couple of spots that have a lot of sun despite the huge tree. If you want to see a truly spectacular yard, you need to go over to my in-laws house. She spends most waking hours out in her yard. That is, when she is not at work. My last weeks picture is in their yard. But anyway, this is about MY flowers.

3 comments:

  1. Ahh...Hawaii.... I'd like to go soon. Maybe for my 10th anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful flowers! isn't is funny how something so small can really cheer ya up!?

    ReplyDelete