Tuesday, June 3, 2008
You want me to what?????
Well, I have been "strongly suggested" by the NASD (now FINRA) ((Google it)) to go to Washington D.C. for a deposition pertaining to certain things of interest in my line of work. (to be completely obscure...) At first it was a MAYBE. They were trying to get a video conference call so that we didn't actually have to go to DC. The attorney came back several days later and said that we DEFINITELY have to go. (we being Josh and I) ((Josh, being a co-worker)) (((Could I have ANY MORE parentheses???))) When boss gave us the news, Josh and I looked at each other with the "THIS IS GOING TO BE TOTALLY AWESOME!!" eyes. Boss said to make lemonaide out of lemons, and so we are squishing the heck out of those lemons! We are taking this opportunity to make a trip out of this. His wife is going with him, and Jason and my Mom and Dad are coming with me! I have to leave a day earlier than Jason and my parents, but then we are going to stay 6 days. I can't tell you how excited I am about that. It happens to be on a stretch of time when Jason has work off, so we don't have to use his vacation days, and I'm off on those days too, because of the days Randy needed me to work that week. It couldn't have worked out finer! I am especially thankful for my in-laws to take Brendan for that time. Am I nervous about the Deposition? HELL YES! I have one answer.... "I don't recall." Boss says that the attorney will meet with us and go over everything that they will be asking. If there is one thing I've learned in working with Randy in 13 years, it's that you don't OFFER any more information than they ask. Don't embellish. Yes, No, and very short answers will lead you in the right direction. The less you say, the better. I am hoping not to speak at all!! (yeah, right)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment