Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Oh the lazy days of summer....

I just love the summer! I love getting into the sun, lying around at the pool getting a tan and not having a care in the world! Now, I have to load up the toys for Brendan and have him hang on me while we swim. He now uses my sun tanning floatie as a "boat" that he uses to have me or Jason pull him around the pool. It IS fun to have something to do at the pool besides veg out, but sometimes I miss the good 'ole days of bringing out the "ghetto blaster", having a pool side Coke, and just baking my fine alabaster skin to a fine tan. (yes, I do tan... it just takes me longer than most...) Now that I am getting older I am getting more and more paranoid about wrinkles and skin cancer! I am not as sun-loving as I used to be. (as you can tell by my pasty white legs!)
I don't swear off the sun, I am just more careful. I am fighting the aging with every thing I can! I know that it will happen eventually, but I can prevent sun damage now and use Botox later!!

The water was only 93* today. The hose helped to cool it down. Robin, bet your jealous of the heater now! HA! There is nothing like jumping into a hot tub to cool you down on a HOT summer day!

Brendan in his "boat"


Brendan and Reebs playing Basketball. Apparently the "Noodle helps the floaties keep you up!"


2 comments:

  1. We need to come swimming. Thanks for coming down today. Too bad I forgot to have you help me with the background on my blog. Next year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one! We can do it next week... write it down and stick it on your fridge so we don’t forget!

    ReplyDelete