Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Works-For-Me Wednesday


After doing some Blog Hopping I have found this website Rocks In My Dryer. It has postings of tons of people giving small snippets of advise on what works for them. I thought this was a GREAT idea. It also gives me something to post about on Wednesday's so that I don't have to think. Except, I guess I have to think about what works for me so never mind about the not thinking part. I may skip weeks, because lets face it... I don't have a lot of advise! HA!

This week I am going to talk about LISTS. I know, I know, the dreaded list. But I tell you what, whenever I am feeling SO overwhelmed about what needs to be done I make a list. Sometimes I feel like there is a million things to do around the house, or what errands I need to run, or both. Sometimes I lie awake at nights thinking about what I have to do tomorrow, or just something that I have to remember and I can't sleep. So I will find a little scrap paper and write down everything that I need to do. And as it turns out, the "MILLION" things that are bogging me down actually turn up to be only 4 or 5 things. It is much more manageable when it's written down for you to actually see. It's an anxiety saver, really. And I am the ANXIETY QUEEN! (I am also the list queen... just ask Jason!) Here is my last list that I just made. (yes, an actual list.)
  • Clothes/ Laundry ***gather up clean clothes/ sort & wash dirty
  • Dishes *** gather all and start dishwasher (yes, we have dishes in every room.)
  • Gather up garbage's/ mail/ bills
  • Toys/ Brendan's room
  • Clean Bathrooms
  • Clean out Living room mom actually helped me with this last weekend.
  • Clean out Sewing room
  • Master Bedroom

Now, here are some other lists that could be made...

  • Things that need to be done around the house.
  • Yard work that needs to be done.
  • Bills that need to be paid.
  • The all important Grocery List
  • I actually then break down those lists into sub-lists:

    • Things that need to be done around the house:
    • Gather Toys/ clean Brendan's room
    • Gather Dishes/ load and start dishwasher
    • Gather rouge laundry. Either start a load of laundry, or wait for a bigger load.
    • Dust
    • Vacuum

    You get the idea. I know that this may seem extreme for some, but I have found it to be a life saver. Now, I never said that once I actually make the list that I DO it, but it makes me feel warm and fuzzy just to know that I have it written down. Just in case I get the urge.

    For tons of over useful tips click you can go here: What Works for Me

    Also, if you have other tips about lists that I haven't written down, please leave me a comment! I would love some advice!!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment