Well, we were very touristy this trip. We saw just about everything there is to see in Washington. My legs would burn by the end of the day. I forgot how that happened since NYC. You would think I'd remember something like that! I did bring a massager (the blue rolly ball, those who are B&BW friendly) and some Icy Hot just in case, and boy, did I need it! I really didn't have a favorite thing that we saw in Washington. Everyone knows what there is to see there.
- We toured the Capital Building, which was pretty cool to learn about all of that.
- I got to see the Constitution, and by the way I had to stand in line FOR AN HOUR AND 45 MINUTES. It makes the movie National Treasure all that more UN-believable. There is NO WAY that they could have just walked in there. HA!
- We saw protesters all over the place. There is one guy who has been outside of the White House since 1981 protesting Nuclear Weapons. What a waste of a life! 27 years?? Obviously, no one is listening to what you have to say, so I say get your no-good life in order! It just blows my mind to think that someone would be there that long.... but I digress.
- The Holocaust Museum was surreal. There will be a special place in Hell for Hitler and his people who willingly did that to millions of people.
- Mount Vernon was really neat to see. George Washington's house and plantation. WOW! I need me one of those!
- We went to an Oriole's/ Pirates game in Baltimore. That was fun. Camden Yards was really pretty. The Oriole's only had 4 hits by the time we left, and two of them were home runs. I guess the home runs were cool. The O's have NOTHING on a Yankee's game though.
- We went to the Washington D.C. Temple. Did anyone know that this building has NO windows? We noticed that as we drove in. Neil walked around the whole building to inspect. Maybe they are just hiding. In the visitors center there was a Lego Nauvoo Temple that someone built. ALL LEGOS! Who thinks of these things?
- There is a memorial or a museum for everyone who ever lived in D.C. and for all of the military arms and wars. We saw most of these. At least I think I did! (my legs sure felt it) The Iwo Jima memorial is 5x's bigger than I thought it would be.
- I got to see The Changing of the Guard at the Arlington Cemetery for the Tomb of the Unknown. This was really cool! What a humbling experience to see all the graves of the men and women who have fought for this country.
- The only thing that we weren't able to see was the National American History museum. They had it closed for cleaning until November. I don't think we'll make it back. Although, I would have really liked to see the Ruby Slippers from The Wizard of Oz. I DID get to see the Hope Diamond that they had in the movie Titanic. I should have asked if I could borrow it for a while.

Besides all of that, the deposition went as well as to be expected. I'm glad they made me go!
It's about time you get home. It's quite boring when you leave - there's nothing to read! Anyway, I'm definitely with you on the whole packing/unpacking thing. If only you could just snap your fingers and it would all be put away. Well, it looks like you had a great time. I'm glad you got to go! See ya later.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that you had a great time, and tired legs... it means your trip was well worth it. I went back east in October with my mom, and we went everywhere... Boston, NYC, Vermont, NH, Conn, Rhode Island, and the hardest thing to walk on is Cobblestone (we went to Salem to the witches). My knee hurt so bad after walking around town. It was cool, and I'd do it again. I hate putting things away after trips too- Kenny puts them away first thing. Blah!
ReplyDelete