Monday, June 23, 2008
My Son, the Infomercial
Brendan LOVES to watch cartoons. I usually don't object because when he watches it is mostly to have background noise. He will watch for 2 minutes and then play with all of the toys he just pulled out of his bedroom... again. After we have just cleaned them up... again. He used to watch the Boomerang Network (the channel he calls 1-2-5) that plays all of the old time cartoons; The Flintstones, Jetsons, The Smurfs, Huckleberry Hound.. yada, yada, yada. Well, now we watch channel 1-2-2 and 1-2-6 which are the Disney Toon and Nick Toon's channels, respectively. Boomerang never had commercials. I LOVED that. I may have heard the ”Magilla Gorilla” music video 1,000,000 times, but hey- I didn't have Brendan saying... I want that mama! I don't have that one, mama, I WANT THAT!!! I only heard that when he watched the Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon. (Which I banned) But now, we watch 1-2-2 and 1-2-6. Oh, bless these channels. They don't have commercials for kids. No, they have INFOMERCIALS for adults. Things like the Aqua Globes or The Pancake Puffs pan. (You really need to watch those, they are great!) Now, Brendan will say "Mama, you need those globes so that you don't have to water your plants by yourself. And then the water won't be messy." He will continue to repeat the very fact of why I NEED this product. He also says that I need the Pancake Puff pan "because he loves pancakes, and this will make it easy for me to cook them." Then he will re-enact the very infomercial that he saw. He is the master salesman! I just get a chuckle out of him!! In fact I just might go online and find that Pancake Puff pan on eBay, because they ALWAYS have it cheaper!! And then I'll surprise him and show him how cool his Mama is!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, infomercials..those were the days, and still are but we just don't live with each other anymore. I think the best one we got was the ab thing that was in the shape of a triangle and you push it against your belly. For the life of my can't remember the name, I've been searching the web. And the ab belt with the electric shock... that was a good one. And don't forget nads!
ReplyDeleteOh yeah! Those WERE good ones!
ReplyDeletewhat's the name of that one. I thought it was the ab rocket but I looked that up and it's not it.
ReplyDeleteFunny you should mention that because that is what I looked up too! This morning when you wrote that I googled just about every name I could think of. I swear that it was the Ab Rocket. They must of just re-named somthing else.
ReplyDelete