Sunday, May 25, 2008

Weekend Warriors

Did I mention last week that Jason was going to finish the hallway on his days off? Well, that didn't happen. Are you as SURPRISED as I am? No?? Yeah, me neither. He did however do a great job in getting things done around the house. We got up early and assisted my dad in blowing the insulation back into the attic. Jason mowed the lawn while I cleaned out the garage. I really got A LOT of junk out of there. Now all that is in there are Dave's tools/table saw and Brendan's train table. However, they are on opposite sides of the garage so we STILL can't park a car in there. I know, I know, move the train table over already. I will... I will. Did I mention that I even VACUUMED out the garage?!? Yes, I snapped at all the crap in there and did it. We even took a trip to the dump to get rid of a lot of stuff. We also finished the bull nose edge tile on the inner face of the fireplace. And by finish, I mean we cemented them up and I will grout tomorrow. (because today is the Sabbath, and Jason put the guilt trip on me to not do it today.) I put together my courtyard bench finally from last fall. I forgot how cute it was! All of that and then we got ready, went out to KFC and to see Narnia. I really liked it. Prince Caspian wasn't too bad on the eyes either! HA!
Tomorrow is the offical opening of the Pettingill pool. It is going to be a fun summer with Brendan loving to swim so much. Maybe I'll get a tan this year..... Not to crazy though, I am staving off those pre-mature wrinkles and age spots. Besides, ivory is the new tan. **just keep chanting that over and over** And by ivory, I am refering to Nicole Kidman, Marcia Cross. (both may I add have red hair). I will go to my self tanner that I love! Thanks to my dad's pasty white skin that I inherited, I am doomed forever! I actually can tan easily, I just go translucent like Edward during the winter.
So, back to the hallway. Jason has said again that he will start on his next day's off. Which I doubt, because it is our 10TH Anneversary this weekend. Maybe he'll get around to it the NEXT weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you update your blog all the time so atleast I have something to entertain me everytime I log on. How did the swim pool opening go?! Rain coats instead of swim suits? My yard work got put off and I had to settle and do home work instead.

    Hay

    ReplyDelete