Monday, December 1, 2008

Putting up the lights

I have to admit this year I have been late getting into the Christmas Spirit. Usually I have the tree up and everything going by the last bite of turkey. This year, notsomuch. I do have to say though, by complaining about my RLS I haven't had it as bad. Maybe I should complain more! HA! No, I'll spare you, but really- it is a little better. I am only getting it at night now. I can't believe how many people actually had it. I never knew it existed and now I have several things to try and help it. I still like the one where Jason rubs my legs every night. Although, he thinks it's all in my head. I had to tell him how many people I knew had it, and he still doesn't believe me. Maybe he'll get it once I kick him in the butt while we're in bed. Hard.

I have begged Jason to help me with the lights every year. Every year he tells me where I can put those lights. He hates doing it, and I have no idea why. What happened in his childhood to make him hate Christmas Lights?? I LOVE putting up the lights. I would help my dad every year to make sure our house looked like the Griswalds... or at least a little like it. Every year I decorate our house because I love doing it. This year -like I said- notsomuch. But now I have Brendan asking why EVERYONE has lights but us. (And he really likes to emphasise everyone.) I was ready to get them out today when I got home from work. But when I pull up to the house and my wondering eyes should appear...

I thought I might cry. I'm not even going to ask him to decorate our big outside tree or anything. I did ask him to get out the Christmas Tree tomorrow. A miracle happened today. And I would like to call it begging.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the pic of brendan.
    he really is a special little man!

    pop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul feels the same way about lights. I am to the point I just tell Ky to enjoy our neighbor's lights! Ha!

    ReplyDelete