Sunday, December 14, 2008

Blessing # 50: Tender Mercies

I have searched high and low and everywhere inbetween for Brendan's beloved bear. This is his Baby Brother Bear, and pretty much is attached to him at all times. In fact, one of the side pictures has him hugging his bear. This Bear has been his baby brother in times of need. Well, we couldn't find him last night. We tore the house apart! Brendan just cried sobbed in his bed for a good 20 minutes because he didn't want anyone to kidnap or hurt his bear. I said a quick 'HELP ME!' prayer and indeed thought of several spaces to look in. NO LUCK! So, he went to bed sad last night. Today we went to my moms house just in case he happened to be over there. We didn't call them last night because it was WAY to late. No luck over there either. Nicole was generous enough to lend him one of her 100's of stuffed Panda Bears that she has collected over the years. One of Brendan's requirements was that it had to be good at tickling his nose. He would use the paw of his Bear and tickle his nose all night. And all day, for that matter! You knew you were loved if he took your hand and tickled it with his bear.

Well, the new Panda did the trick, Cole! He got home and was excited to show me "Mandarin". "It feels very, very nice." when I asked him about the paw tickling his nose. He said "His back is even softer!" I still am very frantic about finding his Bear, though. Maybe I'm more attached to it than he is. Every time I go in a different room I look around just in disbelief that he is actually gone. Disappeared. Never to be seen again. Itismakingmecrazy! So I stop typing this post and look around the room to see this box. It has been sitting out since we got out Christmas stuff. But tonight-- tonight I decided that I would look in this box. I know all of the toys that should be there are actually on the floor in my family room. So, little box. What are you hiding?

Thank you Lord for answering a small, silly prayer like mine. For giving me the nudge that I needed to actually OPEN that stupid box. And most of all I thank you for the morning when Brendan wakes up and sees his brother Bear again. And the sound he will make as he shrieks with excitement!
***Note to Brendan. Please don't hide your bear in places that YOU will not be able to find him. That's mom's job to be forgetful all the time.

3 comments:

  1. I believe mom's do get attached to kids sentimental things. I think, in a way, if they cling to those things then they will always be our babies. Sweet story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay that you found him! I totally understand this post from both sides of the coin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that story! I love to hear when God answers our Little Prayers!
    I remember when I watched him and he would always have Bear with him when he took a nap!

    I can understand getting attached to our kids most prized possesions.
    Isaac has had a "Moon Blanky" since he was one and Evan just talked him into trading it for a new toy! I Never thought I would see the day when that happend and he could sleep without it...needless to say I still have his "Moon Blanky" and it's in a safe place! More for me than anything.

    ReplyDelete