Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Festivities

Today was an eventful day. Brendan had his Christmas program for his Pre-School. We actually bribed him with a giant ice cream cone if he sang loud and did the actions to his songs. Up until today he was determined to not go to this program. He even told his teachers yesterday that he wasn't coming. He begged his Grandpa not to go. This is the first out of 3 performances that Jason has been able to go so he put his foot down that he was going. He didn't make a peep about it today. I guess he knew he was outnumbered, but he also really wanted the ice cream cone.

Here is a video of Brendan before it started. He did this thing with his lei that I thought was hilarious, so I asked him to do it on camera. This is the kind of ham that we live with. I don't like that the quality went down when I downloaded it to YouTube either. It is crystal clear on my computer. Sorry.


Here is another video of all of them singing. I love that he did the actions and sang loud. His teachers always tell me that he is the best one in class. I can't imagine why he gets stage fright. These videos also are so grainy. Can anyone tell me how to fix that? Because like I said, they are perfect on my computer until they get downloaded.


This picture I actually had the "night vision" button on, so the color is funky, but his smile is still so cute.

They surprised the kids after singing "Santa Clause is Coming to Town" by having Santa and Mrs. Clause there. The faces on these kids was priceless. I thought some of them were going to pee their pants. I also thought for sure that Brendan would have picked out the "fakeness" of this guys beard. I mean, didn't they know that we already saw the REAL Santa?

Then later this evening we had our GNO. My best friends and I get together every year for Christmas dinner. I just got home tonight after an evening of great conversation and food. We usually try to take our husbands so that they can socialize with us, but this year we left them out. I loved it because we get to talk more freely and giggle a lot more than we do when they are there. The waiter -I'm sure- LOVED that he got our table tonight. At least we tip well. I will post pictures when my friends email them to me and I approve them to be on. I tried to suck in my gut the best that I could. So, we'll see. I do need to get out the camera and do some belly shots. First thing in the morning, after I've peed, and before I eat breakfast. And then I can do one after the day is over, and you will see the dramatic difference a whole day makes. Especailly eating a large dinner. Stacy's baby is 8 weeks old today. Marti, Debbie and I are all due within a week of each other and so there is going to be an influx of kids at the Bear Lake house this next year. I don't know if we should do it with all the newborns there. I guess we'll see. We do need to all take our belly shots together. Also one with me and my sister Heidi.

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the pictures of you GNO, Christmas edition! My girlfriends in Utah and I have held a Christmas dinner each year since 1991 ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute but I can't view the video. It says you have to send me a request?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's lame that I have to sign up for a youtube account to watch the video. I'll just take your word for it that it was cute. I'm not signing up, sorry

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, i'm really dying to know what you are having???? when will this be posted?

    ReplyDelete