This place we took him to was Wonderland, basically. They let him choose between watching a movie or play video games while they did the whole check up. He didn't want to leave because they were done before he was finished with a level on the game! How dare they interrupt his good times! Because he was so good they gave him a token that worked their indoor carousel! I wish I had given Jason the camera. I know that would have been TOTALLY cheesy, but so worth it to see inside this place! I had to miss it because I went on a girls luncheon. Was it funner than the Pediatric Dentist? Probably not. I remember my dentists office having books and Lego's and maybe a little play cubbie thingy- but it was just a regular dentist- not the cool kid kind. And we had to actually use our minds to entertain us during the cleaning. That, or listen to the suction of the sucky-tuby-thingy. Then you had to have a huge tray of gel fluoride that you had to leave in your mouth for a minute that felt like 60 and try not to gag on it. Now they just brush it on right after the paste and rinse with the sucker and all is over before video games are over. Bada-bing.
We as proud parents thought we would buy him a treat. So after I got home from lunch we took him to the "drink store" (gas station) and let him choose whatever he wanted. Heck- his teeth were just cleaned, after all. Let's reward him with SUGAR!! He chose the sugariest bubblegum he could find. And just when you thought my day couldn't get ANY fuller of pride for my son, he learned how to blow a bubble. This is no easy feat. In fact, I think it's harder to teach than it is to actually do. He has been working on the bubble for months now. And today, after a full pack of bubblegum, he did it.
Trying to blow a bubble on demand. It's pretty scary.

Without knowing I was watching, I snapped a pic.
Any great dental stories of yesteryear? Technologies have come way far, baby! I only had one cavitiy in my life before I got married. One teeny-tiny cavity. Then the year I'm going to get married I got some. Not some, but EIGHT!!! My mouth has never been the same. My teeth are now totally sensitive, and I have to sleep with a nightgaurd because apparently I grind my teeth. WhatdoIhavetogrindaboutI'matotallystressfreepersondangit!BTW: Has anyone seen Brendan's newest/latest/greatest/ preschool picture over there on the right? I hid it on the very bottom, so scroll over and check out how dang cute this one is! (Not that I'm biased or anything.)

now, if he could only learn to whistle.
ReplyDeleteoh, right, he can.
i just wish he would smile once in a while.
I think I see the Poinsettia
in the background. is that the
same one?
i need to know where that dentist is?? i need to take izzy soon
ReplyDeleteI was terrified to read this post. "Cavity Search" implied something very different to me. Like little Brendan was trying to smuggle heroin onto an airplane or something...
ReplyDeleteI agree with Tyler (whoever you are) Apparently, it must be dentist week. Ky and I just went today and my friend took her 2 kids on Monday! Ky suprisingly has no cavities eithe! WHEW! That dentist sounds way cooler than where we went, but Ky got a coupon for a free pretzel at the pretzelmaker so she thought it was cool!
ReplyDeleteIs it the Dentist up in Jordan Landing? If it is that is where I took my girls and it is the funnest place in the whole world. Definetely worth taking your camera for! You could almost call it Sea World at the Dentist Office.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you all like the play on words. HA! Yes, the dentist is up in Jordan Landing. Amiee, I can give you details at Christmas Eve if you want. I guess I'll have to take my camera next time and pretend it was the first time.
ReplyDeleteThats really funny Isaac and Abi go to the same Dentist...at least it sounds like the same one...in Jordan Landing? They love it too!
ReplyDelete