I'm sure all had a wonderful Christmas. I know Brendan did. He woke us up around 9:30 and was so excited because he went and saw that Santa had actually come despite his Christmas Eve tantrum. I was thisclose to canceling Santa this year. After the Christmas Eve activities of two different family gatherings we had the audacity to ask Brendan to help us clean up the living room and his bedroom so that Santa could come. He turns in Mr. Hyde when he has been over-stimulated and is too tired. Which does not give him an excuse, I just can understand his defiance a little more. He spent the next 20 minutes in time out and then I finally just told Jason to put him in bed and shut his door. He cried himself to sleep in about 10.3 seconds. I am very jealous of that- being of the fact that I have to have drugs just to help me sleep. If he were older and understood what it would mean if Santa hadn't come, I would have totally skipped it. Maybe when he knows about Santa and is more accountable for his actions. Despite this, it was a very pleasant morning. He squealed at every present that he opened. Okay, except for the crayons/markers in which he said "I didn't ask for these." HA! We made him open what he actually asked for last. Usually every year I have gotten the "After Christmas guilt" associated with buying too much stuff. Why did we get him every single toy in that isle?? It's just madness. Wanting him to have the best Christmas ever, but then not enjoying what he gets. So this year we didn't go overboard. I think. At least there isn't one present that he has forgotten about yet. They are all prominent in his mind. That's a bonus. There is one gift that was especially fun watching him open.
Duh- this why you got the crayons/markers. He loved it!
Christmas Day is more hectic than Christmas Eve! Well, not really, it just starts earlier. We went over to my parents house for hours of fun. This year Kelly put together a little talent show ala "Dan in Real Life." My mom made little outfits to have everyone participate in The Christmas Story. Brendan was a Wise Man. I got to be the camel he rode on. My hump in on the wrong side. HA! I promise, I'm getting a belly picture this week! I can't believe I'm halfway done already!
We did a similar thing at the Nigbur's and Brendan was the Star of Bethlehem. Dave and Debbie always have a special dinner on Christmas night and this time it was my favorite! Prime Rib!! Baby girl couldn't have been more happy to have me eat that!
Awesome remote control Batman cars from my parents. I think the batteries are already worn out on these.
The Wise Man carrying Frankincense. The cutie on the left is KC.
Walkie Talkies from Grandma and Grandpa Nigbur! (We call them Grandma and Grandpa D because they are Dave and Debbie) These things are ALWAYS on! We have to walkie talkie to play Operation Hulk!!
I hope everyone had a wonderful day. Or two or three. It's so fun with a kid now having him anticipate Santa. At least now we can stop threatening to call Santa if he's being bad- which made everything worse! Whew. My Christmas brought back the twins for me. Nausea and Restless Legs. I'm sure glad to have them back. I was really missing them for a few weeks. Now on to a Happy 2009!!
it was a great Christmas.
ReplyDeletemuch laughter and love
thanks to everyone
pop
Looks like you had lots of fun. That was soo funny when Brendan opened his present. he is soo cute. I will miss not being his teacher!!!
ReplyDelete