Thursday, March 19, 2009

Rhythmic thumping

For the last week I have been able to feel baby's hiccups. *sigh* I was actually hoping that she wouldn't get them. Brendan got them so bad at least 3-4 times a day that my stomach would literally convulse for a solid 5 minutes. I stopped complaining to Jason about them after a while because he would just look at me like "Suck it up, woman!" One night as we were laying in bed to go to sleep the hiccups started. So I snuggled up to Jason with my belly stuck deep in his back and after about a minute he turns over and says "Well, THAT'S annoying!" Validation. That's all I wanted!
This time all they feel like is a heart beat pulsing in my belly. It is a lot calmer than before and I am grateful for that. In fact, I had felt them way before now, but I didn't realize exactly what it was until a friend was feeling my tummy and she asked if she was just feeling my heart beat. I said "No... I think that's the hiccups!" Here I was thinking that my baby girl was having seizures in my stomach. Rhythmic thumping of her arm or leg every once in a while. Pregnancy brain is certainly NOT a logical one.

2 comments:

  1. I once asked my doctor about hiccups because one of my baby's got them a lot and he said it is a good thing. He had found babies who get the hiccups a lot are usually very healthy when they are born. So be happy about the hiccups.

    ReplyDelete