Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Getting to know you

I read a blog that never does these Meme questions. However she did it to introduce her husband and give you some insight in their relationship. So, that is what I am going to do. Jason is always saying he should start a counter blog so that he can post "What's really going on - and so I can defend myself." "I could never look anyone in the eyes anymore because they think I'm a jerk!" I said "Oh hun, they don't think you're a jerk. They think you're a lovable weirdo, a jokester who loves to pull one over on most of all people- ME!"

So, here are a few things into the life of us.

What are your middle names?

Jason's middle name is Jason. I don't have one.

How long have you been together?

11 years.

How long did you know each other before you started dating?

We knew of each other through out high school but didn't really hang out. That is mainly because we went to different high schools. It was after he got home from his mission that we caught up with each other.

Who contacted who first?

I had called him just to hang out while all of my best friends were on their missions. I just wanted a non-committal friendship to pass the time away while my girls were coming home. We traveled everywhere together and were planning to when they got back. I was excited to have just a friend to pass time away.

Who asked whom out?

Jason and his best friend meet a couple of girls on New Years Eve and Nate wanted to take one of them out. But, he also wanted Jason to go with him as a double date. As I was standing there 'hanging out' Jas turned to me and said "I don't want to take a date. I'll take Mandy." Yes, our first official date was an obligation to Nate. Hey- I got free food out of it!

How old are each of you?

32 and 32. I am 2 months and 5 days older than Jason.

Whose siblings do you see the most?

I would say that we see them all equally.

Did you go to the same school?

No, I went to WJHS and he went to THS.

Are you from the same home town?

Pretty much. His parents lived one stoplight away from my parents. But they had named the two city's differently.

Who is smarter?

I think that we are both equally intelligent people. Unless you ask me about chemistry or calculus and then I cry uncle!

Who is the most sensitive?

Jason is a very sensitive man. That being said- he still couldn't cry on cue like I can. That takes months of practice. I think I have only seen him cry at one movie. I won't divulge which, but when he shared it with me I started crying! I still haven't seen that movie. If I know I'll cry I can't see it. Million Dollar Baby for example. I saw it and wept for DAYS! Days people! I got blind sided by it and I can never watch it again. Even though it was a really great movie! Oscar worthy, even!

Where do you eat out most as a couple?

The better question is: Where DON'T we eat out as a couple.

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?

Italy

Who has the craziest exes?

That is hard to say. We don't keep in touch with exes, but who's to say that they don't drive by and case the joint every now and again. Jason will claim that I have the craziest. But the two that he would refer to were never actually my boyfriends. But- whatever.

Who has the worst temper?

This is a very good question. We are both ticking time bombs. I, however own the shorter fuse.

Who does the cooking?

Cooking? What's that? Oh- Jason points out that the new kitchen we just got is for this very purpose. RIGHT! I have cooked a lot more in this new kitchen. Jason will conjure up something to eat every now and again which is a nice surprise.

Who is the neat-freak?

Me. I could be a whole lot nicer if Jason would just pick up his damn stuff off the floor and put it in the dirty clothes basket where it belongs. I'm not asking much. Even the therapist agrees with that.

Who is more stubborn?

I had never meat anyone as stubborn as me. Until Jason. The thing about him is that he is silently stubborn which is always worse than someone who is outwardly stubborn. He does it just to get my goat. And it works! EVERY TIME!

Who hogs the bed?

Pre-Pregnancy it was Jason. Now I would have to say that my pillows do most of the hogging.

Who wakes up earlier?

Jason has to be at work at 6am.

Where was your first date?

Remember the Obligation date? It was to Benihana. YUM!

Who is more jealous?

Neither of us are the jealous type.

How long did it take to get serious?

Once again- remember the obligation date? That was pretty much the beginning of the end.

Who eats more?

Jason

Who does the laundry?

Who ever gets tired of wearing dirty underwear first. HA! JK. He is actually more picky about the laundry than I am. So, if he wants it done right I tell him to do it.

Who's better with the computer?

Jason is better at the actual physical computer. I, however, am the Internet Genius.

Who drives when you are together?

I drive. He gets road rage too fast, and I have less anxiety when I drive. It's a win-win.

Anyone feel free to copy these questions for your own blog or website. I hope this gives you a better insight of who Jason is. But of course- he is going to want to counter-blog this.

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I can't do this with my husband since he wants to keep as much anonymity as possible when it comes to my blog! I loved reading your answers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elisha-- Jason wants that same type of anonymity. Too bad! HA!

    ReplyDelete