Yesterday as we were entertaining the plumber, Brendan and I decided to make cookies. Well, actually Brendan decided he wanted to make cookies. Since the water was turned off that was the only thing we could think of to make. When we were done and enjoying the fruits of our labor Brendan turned to me and said "Mom, I have the greatest idea!" Everything he says is in hyper excited tone.
Me "Oh yeah- what is it?"
B "We should put all of the cookies in a tray and go outside and sell them to people who want cookies!"
He was so excited about this idea. Surely he just watched a cartoon character do it on TV.
M: "Did the cartoon just do that on tv?"
B: "No. I made it up just now! But we need to leave three cookies here. One for you, me and dad."
M: "Man! That sure is a good idea. We'll wait 'til your dad gets home." (No way I'm walking around!)
I can just see all the lemonade and cookies stands in my future now. Hey Tyler- is Cookie Tree hiring 5 year olds with great ideas? See what you could work out. HA! jk.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Ericka tried to sell snow cones in the neighborhood once when we were little. Didn't work out too well. It took us forever to make one with her little snoopy snow cone maker. Hope Brendan gets more business than we did!
ReplyDeleteI'm coming over from Mormon Mommy Blogs, asking for your help. I am in the running for a round trip airfare paid ticket to Connecticut, to meet a friend I became acquainted with through blogging. She is a super fun person and is holding this contest. I entered a funny story titled "Grapejuice Floaties, Now Marry Me." The person whose story receives the most votes will win a trip to meet this generous lady, whom I'm hoping to meet. The voting ends tonight-midnight. I am ahead for now but there is a story coming up from behind out of nowhere and I would so, so, appreciate your help. Her blog is www.becausemomsaidso.blogspot.com and the voting is on the sidebar on the right. "Grapejuice, Floaties" Just go there and cast a vote for me, please. Thanks so much-you're awesome! ♥♥
ReplyDelete