Monday, January 26, 2009

Doing a little victory dance in my head

Well, we have done it. We have weened Brendan off of our bed. I would like to think that patience is what did it, but I would have to say it was the orneriness of my pregnancy hormones. Never give up. That was my motto. We established a routine and stuck to it! He doesn't even ask to lay on our bed anymore! No cartoons to fall asleep to. If I could do a toe touch in my pregnant state, I totally would! I'm sure if I tried I would just pee my pants. I'll wait.
For Brendan's routine we have decided that we will read some books first. He wanted ten, I wanted one. We compromised on four. I totally won that one. Four it is. No more, but certainly no less. Next, we say our prayers. This is a good one for me, because I was a total slacker as a mom at saying our family prayers. Now, since it is part of a routine I never get to forget. Then it's time to close our eyes. We turn on the Bat Light and Jason or I lay down with him for a few minutes. A lot of times he wants to sing a song- or have me sing the song. So I bust out a few primary songs for him. His favorite is "I am a Child of God". (cue whistling) Sometimes he's asleep before I'm done, and sometimes he isn't. The most important thing is that I can totally go in my room right now and watch whatever, have the lights on to do whatever, and I am FREE!! It is so liberating. My daughter will never have to go through this, as I am now a seasoned pro.

4 comments:

  1. UMMM... does anybody ever ad-lib the books and then the five year old totally busts them because he has all the books already memorized? LOL Good for you! Sleep tight- or not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. now, when he can do that at pa's house at 9 o'clock, he can have a sleep-over


    pop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! Now you know never to put your girl in your bed. Then you won't have that problem. Now you need to start weening down the books and you have it made!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it nice? Although I have to admit sometimes I still wish my little girl would climb into bed and cuddle with me :)
    So glad to see the pregnancy is going well.

    ReplyDelete