Thursday, January 15, 2009

Another miraculous doctors appointment

I don't know how I did it. I didn't think lightning would strike twice but I managed to only gain 2 lbs over the holidays. I told the doctor that I thought the scale was broken. He said that's what the lady that gained 14 lbs said. He said the coconut-almond popcorn diet was working for me. Sweet! Make another batch! One thing I have missed is cookie dough. Not being able to eat raw eggs is killing me. I usually eat half the batch of cookies in dough, but trying to be careful I have stayed clear. Until now. My friend Elsha told me about a recipe that uses pudding instead of eggs in the recipe. I went into it not expecting much, but I LOVE THEM! I tell you, this recipe is delish! It doesn't even have any cooking instructions because I guess it's just for eating raw.

http://www.recipezaar.com/Heathers-Safe-to-Eat-Raw-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-Dough-108925

Brendan finally told me that I couldn't eat any more dough. I told him to quit being the cookie Nazi- and ate more anyway. And I STILL didn't gain much weight! I guess I gained enough in the fertility process to compensate though, because I started at a pretty high weight to begin with. Thanks Elsha for the recipe!
Everything else is looking good. The contractions are real, but not to be worried about until I start having them 6-8 times an hour. I am hoping that never happens.

3 comments:

  1. There is NOTHING wrong with egg-free dough (eating the whole bowl)! Sorry about the contractions thing- I had those my whole pregnancy the last time and it's not a fun deal...
    I live in Star Valley Wyoming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm... so how is the irritable wife- I mean the "irritable uteris" thing going? Laughed hard w you @ your last appt. Thanks, I needed it!

    ReplyDelete