Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Coconut-Almond Popcorn Diet

A good friend of mine requested that I post my secret diet plans online. I am happy to give you all the goodness that is my secret guilty pleasure, but I CAN NOT guarantee any one's weight loss. In fact, I can guarantee only that you WILL be addicted. Don't say I didn't warn you.

(You can actually thank my mom for this... but she got it from a long time ago neighbor who probably got it from someone else too.)

Coconut-Almond Popcorn

1 & 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 cup butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 heaping cup shredded coconut
1 & 1/3 cup whole almonds
1 cup popcorn kernels; popped

Cook all but the coconut and almonds to the "Firm Ball" stage. Add coconut and almonds, stir. Pour over popcorn and toss to coat. Spread hot popcorn out on wax paper to break apart. Or hey- leave it all together... but it will clump all together.
One tip- after popping the corn shake all of the dead kernels to the bottom. Scoop out, sifting all of the good kernels into another bowl and then throw away all the bad ones. There is NOTHING worse than biting into a hard kernel that sends your teeth through the roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment