Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Works For Me: Liquid Bandage for cold sores!

I haven't had any good advise for this WWFM for a while now, but I have been thinking about it and I just can't let this good news for cold sore sufferers slide.
I never in my life had a cold sore. That is, until I got seriously stressed out studying for my Series 7 exam in the year 2000. Since then, every time I get really stressed out, sick, or have too much sun exposure, I get a lovely cold sore. Don't you just LOVE cold sores? Me too. I don't get them as often as my sister, which I consider a blessing, but even two or three a year is annoying. Since I have been pregnant I have gotten more cold sores than I did all of last year. I usually have a medication that I take when I am first getting the tingling sensation and that helps it not to grow out of control. Now that I am pregnant I had to get creative. I researched all of the over-the-counter remedies I could think of. Then it hit me- Liquid Bandage. I use this stuff for everything else- why not a cold sore? It would seal it off, not giving it air and therefore stumping its growth. Sounds good, right? I thought I would give it a try. I am not even kidding when I say that it was gone in 4 days. I would just keep putting it on every few hours (or after I had peeled it off) and the cold sore didn't get bigger than a pin's head. That was easy. Then I got another one about 2 weeks later. Was it just a hoax that the bandage worked the first time? Nope. Gone. Third sore came on another few weeks later, and this one was gone in 2 days. I haven't had one since *knock on wood* and I am convinced that my body knows it's useless to even try.

That is what works for me! Go over to Rocks In My Dryer for more great and useful tips for the new year!

4 comments:

  1. What a great tip
    & I'm sure the cost is much cheaper too
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know for sure that Metamucil
    does not work on cold sores.

    pop

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to file this tip away. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definitely going to try this! Thanks for the tip!!

    ReplyDelete