Ever since his birthday Brendan has been informing us that he needs to do things now that he's 5.
"I never got to eat that now that I'm 5."
"Remember when I saw that when I was 4?"
"I need to do that because I'm 5 now."
"I remember that! I played with it when I was 4!"
I hear statements like this and others at least 3 times a day. He cracks me up. My mom was tending for us today while we were both at work and she asked him what he would like to do today.
Grandma Joyce "Would you like to watch a movie, play PlayDoh, games?"
Brendan: "I need to watch Empire Strikes Back today."
GJ: "Haven't you seen that before?"
B: "Yes, I actually watched it twice on Sunday. But I didn't see it when I was 4. I'm nearly 6. I certainly am growing up fast."
Certainly? Nearly 6? He just turned 5! I don't know how he comes up with this stuff, but I am loving this age!
All weekend I have been having mild contractions. I don't think they're anything to worry about, but they are annoying! My stomach will get as hard as a rock! The solid only lasts a minute, and there are only 3-4 a day, but the rest of the day I will feel a slight tightening and it feels weird, like it's taking my breath away. I don't know any other way to describe it. I have my regular Dr.'s appointment tomorrow and so we'll see if it's anything to worry about. I just need to quit lifting big boxes! The good news is that she is moving around a lot more. Jason finally felt her move last night several times. I think he is actually starting to realize that I am carrying a baby and not just getting a really big Coke belly. Although, I'm sure that has something to do with it too.
Now just a funny story of the day. Dad- this one is for you.
I carpool with my dad to work. He drives a BMW 3 series convertible. It is his passion to drive with the top down... and this is one of his mid-life-crisis purchases. Since it was a beautiful day outside we decided to ride with the top down on the way home. On the way, I started smelling cow manuer. Dad said it was the sewer plant we just past, but then he noticed the animal carrier ahead of us on the freeway. We were getting closer to it and it was spraying a dust like stuff from the tires that was getting on the windshield. He slowed down to stay way behind it and as we were watching a spray of pee came out the side of the semi! I am so glad that we weren't close! We would have had the smell of manuer AND vomit in the car. I need to go now so I can take a shower and wash the cow dust/pee out of my hair!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Who needs baby powder when you have cow manuer dust and pee to make that hair last just one more day!!! That is an awesome story!!
ReplyDeletereminded me of crossing the plains
ReplyDeleteand those stinky oxen.
pop
That's funny!
ReplyDeleteRobin, I'm so glad that I didn't wash my hair the day before! I would have been mad!!
ReplyDelete